Ubc And Moving House

torrenova

We got UBC about 7 months ago in Buriram. Now we are moving house, about 100m away and they said they want Bt1700 from the missus. Now I know historically that Platinum packages (we are on gold) were moved free but this is ridiculous as it will take about 30 minutes at most and I'm prepared to tell them to shove it up their behinds.

Is this UBC or just the agent pulling a fast one ?

Anyone had similar ?

We got UBC about 7 months ago in Buriram. Now we are moving house, about 100m away and they said they want Bt1700 from the missus. Now I know historically that Platinum packages (we are on gold) were moved free but this is ridiculous as it will take about 30 minutes at most and I'm prepared to tell them to shove it up their behinds.

Anyone had similar ?

We do loads of moves for our customers and I have just checked with my UBC contact at the main agent for the whole of chonburi. They say that the cost is 1,000 and the price should be the same in Buriram. I do not advise the DIY option unless you are keeping the old house as you will not be able to get the bill delivered to the new address.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Professional Property Solutions

Anyone had similar ?

Anyone had similar ?

We do loads of moves for our customers and I have just checked with my UBC contact at the main agent for the whole of chonburi. They say that the cost is 1,000 and the price should be the same in Buriram. I do not advise the DIY option unless you are keeping the old house as you will not be able to get the bill delivered to the new address.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Sounds like you have the falang price there, go back to your local agent tell them the normal fee is 1000 Baht & you don't want the falang price no more as were all skint now :o

Anyone had similar ?

Anyone had similar ?

Hope this helps

Kevin

Sounds like you have the falang price there, go back to your local agent tell them the normal fee is 1000 Baht & you don't want the falang price no more as were all skint now :D

all skint now. lol :o:D

Anyone had similar ?

I think True are still advertising a free installation.

So why not just cancell your existing contract and then apply from your new address for installation??

After 1 year, the move is free of charge for uninstall and reinstall. (in my case with newer and better equipment)

I know it doesn't help your situation, but it was a shocker for me that UBC was actually that professional and quick with the service. I was expecting the usual circus, fees, delays, etc.

Aloha

"I do not advise the DIY option unless you are keeping the old house as you will not be able to get the bill delivered to the new address."

Is this something new? Several years ago I moved from one province to another, and moved the dish myself.

UBC had no problem sending the bill to the new address.

In Bangkok, I thought it was even more for them to move your dish to a new place, like 2700 baht. There is nothing illegal about getting a fee for an installation in a new residence. The problem is, if you do it yourself, you could get it wrong. In the U.S. they usually do it for free, and even just leave the old dish at your old place and install a brand new one at your new place. Anyway, that may be irrelevant here, but yes, that fee sounds right.

In Bangkok, I thought it was even more for them to move your dish to a new place, like 2700 baht. There is nothing illegal about getting a fee for an installation in a new residence. The problem is, if you do it yourself, you could get it wrong. In the U.S. they usually do it for free, and even just leave the old dish at your old place and install a brand new one at your new place. Anyway, that may be irrelevant here, but yes, that fee sounds right.

I'm another one who did a DIY move within a village about 7 years ago, without any problems. Later when I was spending less time in the village I canceled my contract, and the local UBC dealer picked up the dish and receiver from the new address without asking any awkward questions. Perhaps things have changed. If you do move the dish, be sure not to disturb the elevation setting and also check that the mounting is on a proper vertical surface. The dish won't be so hard to align if you just need to worry about left to right movement. :o

Do you get WeTV in your area?

UBC is overpriced and is shit. No world cup, no olympics, censored movies, and not to mention the constant repeats, plus you get an ugly satellite dish. Do yourself a favour and tell them to eff off. I did and they didn't like to hear the reason - that WeTV is better and a fifth of the price. :o

Do you get WeTV in your area?

UBC is overpriced and is shit. No world cup, no olympics, censored movies, and not to mention the constant repeats, plus you get an ugly satellite dish. Do yourself a favour and tell them to eff off. I did and they didn't like to hear the reason - that WeTV is better and a fifth of the price. :o

WeTV ??? please enlighten me, never heard of this before but maybe its a Bangkok thing is it??