Water Bill Rising?

universe2000

I spoke to a few people about their water bill at different complexes. The place I stay at is 27 baht per unit. They recently raised it to 33 baht per unit. Another person my wife works with is at 50 baht per unit.

Is the price of water really rising? Some complexes are saying they have to truck in water. I think it may be another reason. Are other people having this problem?

What do you pay?

In our Condo the price was increased from 25 baht to 30 baht early this year when Pattaya City Hall introduce an additional waste water charge, which is calculated on the basis of water usage. Our Condo Committee decided to pass this additional charge onto co-owners by increasing our charge for water

You people are lucky, my condo charges 25 Baht a unit for cold, but if you have the temerity to want to use hot they charge a massive 105 baht per unit. I guess the maintenance on those solar panels on the roof must be very high!! Then again, haven't the owners already paid for them? :o ............Ruddy bandits!! :D

free in BKK if ur usage is below a certain level ( for houses anyway )

I was avoiding rubbing in the fact that for the last half a year that its been free & the current govt has just announced another 6 months of free water and cheap electricity, depending on how much you use of course.

I spoke to a few people about their water bill at different complexes. The place I stay at is 27 baht per unit. They recently raised it to 33 baht per unit. Another person my wife works with is at 50 baht per unit.

Is the price of water really rising? Some complexes are saying they have to truck in water. I think it may be another reason. Are other people having this problem?

What do you pay?

You don't happen to stay at Viewtalay condo 5 in Jomtien, as the prices you quoted are the same there.

I own condos in various buildings and the prices are all different depending on the ammount of profit the management want to make on top of the initial water board charge, which is 21bt per unit for all condos in Pattaya and 9 or 10 bt per unit for private houses.

I think the free government water is based on numbers of units. I thought the first 50 units which is cubic meters is free. If the meter reads usage above 50 you pay the bill. My water here in Banchang has been free for a long time now but our Condo in Pattaya they charge 30 baht per unit. Seems like a rip off to me.

^ Only free up to 200 Baht, after that you pay........Electric same.

I can't really comment on what happens when you go over the limit regarding the water, because I only ever use about 15 or 16 units (15,000 litres) per month....therefore my water has been free.

As for the electricity, once you go over their limit for free, the next charge is at half price until it reaches above a certain level (not sure what it is, between 160-200 units) at which time you pay full price.

Again this is only for PRIVATE homes, and that pay directly to the water/electric company.

Even a place at the side of the road selling something that has say 1x light bulb and 1x water tap pays in full.. = Business

Water at my place is still free till a certain amount. Electric however seems to have jump from 0.777 to 0.9255…

Yes, me too, just noticed that...but its still free providing you use under a certain amount (50 units), then half price after that up until about (200 units) then full price. Naturally most of us running a/c in the hotter months will be well about the half price cut off. Still cheap electric tho!

You people are lucky, my condo charges 25 Baht a unit for cold, but if you have the temerity to want to use hot they charge a massive 105 baht per unit. I guess the maintenance on those solar panels on the roof must be very high!! Then again, haven't the owners already paid for them? :o ............Ruddy bandits!! :D

I unit of water (1000 Litres) will require 1 Kw of power to raise the temperature by 1 degree C. So if incoming water temperature is 15 degrees C and you want hot water at 60 degrees C ( increase of 45 degrees) it would take 45 units of electricity. If you are paying 5 Baht per unit electricity, it would cost you 225 Baht to heat I unit of water. You are paying 80 Baht extra for 1000 litres hot water, that's a bargain!

I suspect that you are probably paying more like 7 Bt for electric, so an even bigger bargain.

^ Only free up to 200 Baht, after that you pay........Electric same.

I can't really comment on what happens when you go over the limit regarding the water, because I only ever use about 15 or 16 units (15,000 litres) per month....therefore my water has been free.

As for the electricity, once you go over their limit for free, the next charge is at half price until it reaches above a certain level (not sure what it is, between 160-200 units) at which time you pay full price.

Electricity

0 to 80 units per month FREE

Between 80 and 160 No free units, all units half price.

Over 160 No free units, no half price units, all units charged at full price

My last bill was 175 units :D , but 580 Baht, I'm not really going to complain.

Village water supply 5 Baht per unit. With a local supply, no free water. The poor people that this scheme was supposed to benefit miss out if the water is not supplied by the government water company. Another well thought out idea!! :D

Thanx for that loong...didnt know where the cut offs were. Wont matter much now, soon the really warm weather will be back & those aircon units cranked...here come the big elect bills again. Having said that its still helluva lot cheaper than it was back home. :o

You don't happen to stay at Viewtalay condo 5 in Jomtien, as the prices you quoted are the same there.

I own condos in various buildings and the prices are all different depending on the ammount of profit the management want to make on top of the initial water board charge, which is 21bt per unit for all condos in Pattaya and 9 or 10 bt per unit for private houses.

Interesting information. I assumed the increase in water price was related to the profit the owner would obtain. So I would expect the big complexes or owners with multiple complexes will start to slowly raise the water rates since it is a variable profit. Since temporary occupancy is going lower, that means profit is also dropping, unless rates are increased to compensate for the loss profit.

If January is the high season, than that means water rates should increase steadily through the lower seasons. Or maybe the profit on the electricity bill makes up for that in the hot months. The amounts are small enough per condo so most owners/occupants will not complain.

Another benefit of living upcountry is that we pay 3 baht per cubic meter. That's correct, three baht.

Hi gary....

Where I am it was 30 baht per month flat fee, no matter how much was used. :o

Mind you we sometimes had no water, that's why I had the well put in, but its great value up country when I see what people are paying in Pattaya Condos, jeex, it's expensive.

My little place in Pattaya 3 road is free water and has been for years, used to be free electric as well, unless you had aircon then a meter was installed just for A/c unit, now we pay for all electric @ 6 Baht per unit, but no charge for Sophon Cable and no charge for water, not bad for 4,000 Baht per month, plus I have my own telephone in the room, my own number so internet is no problem.

I don't stay there much but at 4000 Baht per month , which it has been ever since I first went there , must be 15 years ago, I ain't giving it up.

I can't see Pattaya being able to cope again this hot season, even more drains on the water this year than last year with all the new buildings everywhere, so looks like the water trucks will be in full flow again and water charges will reflect this.

Every year the politicians promise that there will be plenty of water. Every year you see more new water trucks. I think there is plenty of water but money is to be made hauling it so there will always be an artificial shortage. It's just one more area of gross corruption.

In our village there are four tanks on a tower. Those tanks are filled once in the morning and once in the evening. We probably have village water about four hours a day. We catch rain water during the rainy season and fill our tanks with village water during the dry season.