Living In Thailand On Small Pension.

I have a small pension from UK paid in Pound Sterling. Like most people here I have been badly affected by the drop in the value of sterling and now it's going to be a struggle till March 2010 when my pension from UK government is due. All my life I have tried to be honest, and I told the UK authorities when I moved here that I was now living abroad. I sometimes think it don't pay to be honest... I know many ex pats here don't let the UK authorities know they are living here and manage to claim all the benefits as if they are living in the UK. For instance, heating allowance! And it's 32 degrees outside.!!!!! I went to the gov website a few days ago and on my income if I was living in the UK my wife and I could be drawing nearly 200 pounds a week in income support, because we choose to live here we cant claim a penny. I paid my UK taxes for over 40 years and it don't seem fair to be penalized because i choose to live abroad. Remember also I am not a burden to the National Health Service and all the other benefits I could obtain if I was living in the ..UK. We are going back to the Uk in June and I am starting to think I should tell the UK authorities that I have moved back to live there.. and come back here and hope for the best and they don't find out. The only trouble is I know I will have many sleepless nights wondering if someone is knocking on my brothers door asking where I am. If I don't do it.. I still get the sleepless nights worrying about my cash situation!. It seems I just cant win. What would you do in my situation???

I personally would not do it as sooner or later they are going to start looking at entrance and exits with your passports.

Once they are able to link that to you, if you have commited fraud (which technically it is), they will have you over a barrell and you will be stuffed.

The UK Big Brother machine is growing in strength and application and will continue to do so.

Much as I sympathise with the OP, the topic under discussion is commiting a fraud.

What would you do in my situation???

I would come to terms with the reality that I could not afford to retire in Thailand.

Edited by GuestHouse

Indeed, and against forum rules:

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of the Thai Court of Law.

///CLOSED//