Dvd Hard Drive Recorders

eddie11

Hi

If I was to bring a DVD recorder with a 160 GB hard drive would it work in Thailand using True visions Dstv.

They seem to be very expensive in Thailand. Just wanting to know if there would be any technical issues.

I also see that True visions do a PVR box,( bit like SKY+) any comments on that.

Thanks

Hi

If I was to bring a DVD recorder with a 160 GB hard drive would it work in Thailand using True visions Dstv.

They seem to be very expensive in Thailand. Just wanting to know if there would be any technical issues.

I also see that True visions do a PVR box,( bit like SKY+) any comments on that.

not expensive anymore. bought one three years ago price 23,000 Baht (Philips 250gb when on LP), Mrs. paid two years ago 17,900 Baht (Sony 160gb), bought another one two weeks ago price 7,990 Baht (Samsung 160gb). all three purchased in Numchai, Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...

As Naam correctly states, they have come down in price a lot, and i think will continue to do so. Probably still more expensive than UK, but not much.

To get PVR you are looking at either 15k or 10k, depending on the package you choose. So a bit more expensive than buying your own recorder, but i think the advantages of it make it worth it. Have a look at the True Vision's website for more info.

Also thinking of bringing one from the UK but for use with cctv cameras, infact thinking of bringing cameras also from the UK. I can get the VAT back here. Think that the prices are cheaper here but not sure about the cameras. Anyone know? Will I have any electrical problems? Want to plug it into tv's, also it's internet based. Wiring is that available?

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/digital-recorder.htm#Entry_level

EB1304 NET SATA

Edited by jflundy

• 6 months later...
Hi

not expensive anymore. bought one three years ago price 23,000 Baht (Philips 250gb when on LP), Mrs. paid two years ago 17,900 Baht (Sony 160gb), bought another one two weeks ago price 7,990 Baht (Samsung 160gb). all three purchased in Numchai, Pattaya.

Anyone know exactly where in Bangkok you can buy the "7,990 Baht (Samsung 160gb)" DVD recorder?

Already looked in the usual places - Power Mall in Central stores and Paragon, and top floor of MBK.... cheapest (of few available) I could find was a 15,000 bht Pioneer one.

pls?