Job In Thailand

I'm looking to move to Thailand. Planning to get married there. I wonder what its like to get a job for foreigner there. Obviously i dont speak any thai.Can someone give me any idea what are possibilities to find a job?

Depends on your background....

If you have a degree you could teach english...

if you are gay you could get lots of work, aside from that teaching which is not paid very well. Open your own business which is slightly complicated but i reckon the best way to make more than 30,000 baht per month, or sit on a bar stool spout rubbish and squander all your cash like most do.

Oh work for a time share company conning people into buying something they don't want. I have a lot of friends who do that here and make good money. I know of a company in BKK and samui.

good times

if you are gay you could get lots of work, aside from that teaching which is not paid very well. Open your own business which is slightly complicated but i reckon the best way to make more than 30,000 baht per month, or sit on a bar stool spout rubbish and squander all your cash like most do.

Oh work for a time share company conning people into buying something they don't want. I have a lot of friends who do that here and make good money. I know of a company in BKK and samui.

good times

Actually, the idea with that business is interesting despite complications associated running it. Thinking about bringing some "Belami boys" since I'm from Slovakia and see if they could work there as party promoters. Havent been to Thailand yet so Ill know more when I get there this year.

What did this topic with a simple question descend into?

I actually thought a "Belami Boy" sounded like a sofa (lazy boy.. ok, yeah, stupid me!) or something, the party promotion bit confused me so I decided to google it, big mistake. :o I guess I can see the funny side..

Becoming a chef is another fair option.

- Shug

I'm looking to move to Thailand. Planning to get married there. I wonder what its like to get a job for foreigner there. Obviously i dont speak any thai.Can someone give me any idea what are possibilities to find a job?

and your education, skills and work experience is what ?

You mentioned your plans to get married here. What does your wife think about work and / or business here?

If you have never been here, why are you so interested in coming here and working? Wouldn't it be a good idea to visit Thailand forst for a few weeks prior to making the big move?

As you are not a speaker of Thai, you will have difficulty finding any kind of work here unless you are hired from abroad with a company which would not expect you to speak Thai. What do you have to offer an employer here?, and in your case, you would need to be interacting with foreigners, as you do not speak Thai.

Tourism is slowing, and the number of retirees and their spending will slow as well.

There will be less work here for foreigners as there will be less money available from foreigners who live here.

Good luck.