Any Neil Young Fans Out There?

dennis3506

I always remembered a lesser known Neil Young album I used to have on vinyl and recently bought it again as a CD. If you ever get a chance (assuming you like NY) have a listen to "On the Beach". Probably recorded in the early 70's but still sounds as fresh as it did over 30 years ago. Not a bad track on the album (only 8 tracks), but standout tracks are "Revolution Blues" and "Vampire Blues". Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by dennis3506

My favorite Neil Young album (vinyl) of all time was "Harvest" followed closely by "After the Gold Rush." My ex Thai GF used to ask me to sing her "Only love can break your heart" before she went to sleep every night...

Glad to hear there is another Neil fan out there.

its always worth while checking out neil youngs offerings , personally i prefer him in full blown electric mode grinding and churning away at those magnificent lengthy solos he does so well.

i met him once in the seventies in a cafe in sausalito in california , breakfast time.

i attempted to chat with him . but he showed good sense and ignored me.

saw him many times in concert in london , the finest one was at finsbury park around the mid nineties with booker t and the mgs as his backing band...... around the time of his album "freedom"

EVERYBODY ROCK'IN BY NEIL YOUNG & THE SHOCKING PINKS.A ONCE OFF HE DID IN EARLY 80'S .HE WAS IN A LEGAL BATTLE WITH HIS RECORD CO. WHEN HE DID THIS SO IT'S KINDA RARE.I BOUGHT L.P WHEN IT WAS RELEASED BUT TRACKED IT DOWN ON C.D ABOUT 10 YRS AGO AT WWW.TOWERRECORDS.COM.THIS WILL COMPLETE YOUR N.Y COLLECTION.ENJOY

Another fan here! I have his live Prarie Wind DVD that he recorded just after diagnosis (and before treatment) of his brain aneurysm. An amazing performance and also great cinematogrophy. So many great songs from so many years.

Edited by T_Dog

What's not to love about Neil Young? He's never forgotten his roots, he's adapted to change and every so often adds a new twist that keeps him as interesting as when he started out. I wasn't around when he was singing his early stuff, but I did hear his music courtesy of my siblings. What hooked me was when he took Social Distortion and Sonic Youth along for the ride. He's turned out so many tunes that will hold their own into the future, it's no wonder fellow musicians heap praise on him and hold him in hig regard. How many rockers can pick up honourary doctorates for their contribution to society?

This guy is something special. A genuine artist with a heart a sharp mind and an independent streak that holds steady.

He's awesome and I wish he'd tour Thailand. I'd make all my friends go. :o

I've always been a fan of Neil Young. My favs are Harvest, Beach, Everyone Knows This is Nowhere, and when he was with Buffalo Springfield "Retrospect".... I like it all, but am drawn to the early stuff. Sugar Mountain, and I am a Child are probably my favorite cuts. I seen him with CSNY and solo in Ohio several times through the years, great shows every one.

neil young...................just the best and still going strong.what i really like about him is his voice and the lyrics he chooses for his songs.whether its the heavy stuff with crazy horse or sweet melodies on acoustic they're all great.remember the tribute to jonny rotten of the sex pistols.am playing some now,down by the river,cowgirl in the sand,ohio,helpless,the needle and the damage done,living in the free world(electric and acoustic),old man,southern man,like a hurricane.thank you neil young for so many great songs and some beautiful memories.

I always remembered a lesser known Neil Young album I used to have on vinyl and recently bought it again as a CD. If you ever get a chance (assuming you like NY) have a listen to "On the Beach". Probably recorded in the early 70's but still sounds as fresh as it did over 30 years ago. Not a bad track on the album (only 8 tracks), but standout tracks are "Revolution Blues" and "Vampire Blues". Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Neil Young is still working. saw him play a while back, if you like the crazy horse stuff WELD album is great live rock and roll , He lives here in the santa cruz area and goes to SJ sharks games and see him around town once in a while

"Old Man"

Old man look at my life,

I'm a lot like you were.

Old man look at my life,

I'm a lot like you were.

Old man look at my life,

Twenty four

and there's so much more

Live alone in a paradise

That makes me think of two.

Love lost, such a cost,

Give me things