Highway 4 Mountain Challenge - Ranong

JimsKnight

Highlights from the adventure

The video quality isn't that great on this link but a Youtube version (should be ready in a few hours) will be getting fired around which will improve on it.

It's not got the heroics of the outward leg (Hua Hin to Ranong) but should prove interesting if nothing else.

Hope you enjoy it! :o

JK

The livestream's sporadic (or just plain broke) so this link will get you too it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...24670&hl=en

Edited by JimsKnight

Sorry dude, it's a motorbike and the road out Ranong is a lumpy mess. :D

Hope you didn't get too dizzy and vid-sick :D

Yeah i noticed, i checked a couple a minutes into the vid but unfortunately it didn't get better.

I just think my brain has problems with helmet cams, while watching i always move my head arround to stay level :o

No problem mate, i just stick with the nice stills you posted a couple a days ago :D

Fair enough mate.

The Youtube versions finally grinded its way online:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

This might make your headaches go away :o

A bit about the journey.

Setting out was fine and traffic was light (a big plus in Ranong).

Up and into the mountain was a little tricky to get back into again, especially as you're faced with steep climbs.

No fast cars to race on this leg, just a skirmish with a silver pick-up.

The full journey took about half an hour (to the Chumpon border bridge) but I've edited it somewhat for brevity and the fact that LiveVideo and Youtube have restrictions on how long and how much you can upload to their servers.

The rest of the journey was pretty boring to say the least, although some potholes north of Chumpon nearly gave me a close encounter with the guard rail! (more on this for my next videos).

Safe riding out there folks.