Want To Live On Gf Farm

I would like to live on my fiancee's farm in Udon, but there is no structure there now. In the USA, it would be an easy fix, just buy a used double wide trailer with 3 bedrooms and then just worry about plumbing and electricity. I have not seen too many trailers in LOS, so does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might proceed? A friend of mine built a house from the ground up with 1 bedroom, flush toilet, hot water, air con, and a nice tile floor for around 450,000 baht but I dont want to invest any money right now. Should I just rent a farm somewhere nearby and not dwell so much about living on her farm? (as you can tell, I dont know what the heck I want to do, but I dont want to invest too much money)

Also, has anyone heard of a farmer renting out his farm with house included? My hobby is radio control models, and my dream is to have an airstrip, dirt track for the cars and trucks, and a paved course for my road cars.

Thanks!

Edited by rideswings

my dream is to have an airstrip, dirt track for the cars and trucks, and a paved course for my road cars.

i have heard a lot about unreal people on planet earth but always thought it's a fairy tale. can i meet you to find out?

Yes, rent a nearby house.

You will be glad you did if the relationship goes to pot. :o

You also have the bonus of 'privacy'!

Good advice but of course if married 50% of the trailer would be hers. Unless it was in her name and you have signed to say you gave her the money to buy it and you were both living in it. In that scenario she may still claim it is hers 100% and the judge would probably agree.

But Im too cheap to build a house

just go native.

1 blue striped plastic tarp.sheet .................200b

4 bamboo poles ....................................... 80b

200 empty plastic water bottles and 100 old plastic food bags , a couple of old tyres and a broken refrigerator................. free

erect tarp over poles , decorate lovingly with plastc detritus , tyres and the fridge and move in.

job done.

Edited by taxexile

my dream is to have an airstrip, dirt track for the cars and trucks, and a paved course for my road cars.

i have heard a lot about unreal people on planet earth but always thought it's a fairy tale. can i meet you to find out?

my dream was also to own an airport - but now i just stick to drinking Heiniken :o

Naam - Whats so unreal, its really easy and not so expensive!! The cars and trucks are only little radio controlled ones, 1/8 the size of full sized ones, so are my helicopters. The airstrip I want to make is just a grass strip thats is big enough for a full sized ultralight airplane (so I can annoy my future in-laws) and for my smaller radio controlled planes. If you ever want to explore radio control models, I am always on call for a friend when I am in Udon, and there are also many clubs in BKK that you can go and watch.

dinthailand - ok i am abandoning buying anything right now... I am looking to rent a house with a good bit of land for my hobbies. I hate that 100% rule... where they get all of everything. Discouraging for us new-to-be-weds without an iron clad prenup. I read an article on here about a guy who burned his own house to the ground to prevent his ex from getting it.

taxexile - that nearly describes what my GF's dad sleeps in on the farm when he is trying to escape his wife and inlaws. I dont wonder any more why he chooses such spartan surroundings, but i guess if he makes it uncomfortable, his inlaws wont visit him. I think by now he is a cow whisperer. :o it is so peaceful out there where he sleeps.

misterman21 - If you still want to own an airport, you can probably buy Suvarnabhumi for less than the price of a heiny... if youn talk to the right people.

Naam - Whats so unreal, its really easy and not so expensive!! The cars and trucks are only little radio controlled ones, 1/8 the size of full sized ones, so are my helicopters. The airstrip I want to make is just a grass strip thats is big enough for a full sized ultralight airplane (so I can annoy my future in-laws) and for my smaller radio controlled planes. If you ever want to explore radio control models, I am always on call for a friend when I am in Udon, and there are also many clubs in BKK that you can go and watch.

sorry my fault for not being clear. unreal for me was the mix girlfriends house and your hobby. in fact i find your hobby a fascinating one.

I would like to live on my fiancee's farm in Udon, but there is no structure there now. In the USA, it would be an easy fix, just buy a used double wide trailer with 3 bedrooms and then just worry about plumbing and electricity. I have not seen too many trailers in LOS, so does anybody have any suggestions as to how I might proceed? A friend of mine built a house from the ground up with 1 bedroom, flush toilet, hot water, air con, and a nice tile floor for around 450,000 baht but I dont want to invest any money right now. Should I just rent a farm somewhere nearby and not dwell so much about living on her farm? (as you can tell, I dont know what the heck I want to do, but I dont want to invest too much money)

Also, has anyone heard of a farmer renting out his farm with house included? My hobby is radio control models, and my dream is to have an airstrip, dirt track for the cars and trucks, and a paved course for my road cars.

Thanks!

I do make trailers just send me a PM

just go native.

200 empty plastic water bottles and 100 old plastic food bags , a couple of old tyres and a broken refrigerator................. free

erect tarp over poles , decorate lovingly with plastc detritus , tyres and the fridge and move in.

job done.

How can you expect someone to live in such a poorly constructed abode? He will need at least 5 rusty corrugated sheets that will have to be hammered with large nails into the bamboo or better still kyleeta poles so they don't blow around the farm all night and decapitate the pigs.

just go native.

job done.

This is a little upscale from what you are suggesting. My wife paid about 2,000 baht for this small home. For full time living, it would need some split bamboo walls. I have enough bamboo cut to finish it.

post-17093-1233628121_thumb.jpg

What about those modified shipping containers that are often used for site offices on construction sites? One of those could be dropped on to a foundation and easily moved to another location if the going gets tough.

I have never seen a box trailer in use or a mobile home or caravan in the LoS. :o
Because you never ask me to send you a pic :D and there is a company in LOS who makes

mobile homes

Nothing wrong with posting a few pictures and some details. What are you waiting for?