Please Be Careful - Bag Snatching

matt268

..this is a gentle reminder to please be careful of your bags whilst eating in restaurants. On Saturday, l was eating at Mcdonalds at Tesco Lotus Onnut 50 when my bag was snatched from me. Two Thai gentlemen of about 40 years obviously worked as a team ... the cctv showed the footage but the faces could not be seen...

I went to Prakanong Police Station to make the report and the 'Salawat' who was extremely helpful that everyday now at Carrefour (suk 77) and Tesco Onnut there are similar incidents....

... so, please remind ourselves as l dont want this to happen to others....

"the price of peace is eternal vigilence,never can be too careful,and yes its a pain having to replace all those atm/credit cards/driving licences etc.post is a good warning as likely to hapen more often in these days of fast growing unemployment.

I remember losing my wallet in nong kai and filed a report at the police station,gave the guy my cell no.he took it and with a big smile told me he would call me as soon as it was handed in(nice sense of humour)i just smiled back.

I have noticed that many Thai ladies put their handbags on their chairs, in the small of their backs, when eating in restaurants, (even at the Oriental!). Maybe this would be a good way of reducing theft and at the same time not having to have your bag across your shoulder?

I suggest that the best place (for a womens bag) is on her lap.

OK I know that some of these bags are almost as big as the ones that the backpackers have on their backs on Khao Sarn Road.

But then again when a "lady" goes out dining she should be carrying a nice little purse and not some thing large enough to used when moving house.

Was with a friend of mine he was holding a friends bag whilst standing next to the road, and a pair on motorbike flew by the guy on the bag attempted to grab the bag but ended up more with my friends arm pulling him across slightly, wish the guy had fallen off but they just sped away. Just went on with our day regularly after that, thought it was interesting though.

If your bag has a long shoulder strap why don't you wind the strap through and or round the chair back so it can't just be snatched.

If you have bag with short handle use a belt or some pretty rope to tie it to the chair or put it on the floor with you chair leg through the handles.

:o

If your bag has a long shoulder strap why don't you wind the strap through and or round the chair back so it can't just be snatched.

If you have bag with short handle use a belt or some pretty rope to tie it to the chair or put it on the floor with you chair leg through the handles.

:o

So simple and yet, we never think of it.....

Good reminder

I was one of the unlucky ones that also had my bag snatched here in Pattaya 7 years ago. The 3 boys watched me draw money out of an ATM machine and then followed us about 4 km to the Supermarket, as we stopped to park the bike, my bag was ripped from me very quickly and off they went. I lost my keys, Bank cards, and 38 thousand baht in cash. Certainly learnt my lesson now, i have a long strap on my bag and its safely on my body, sometimes i will wear a bum bag (belt bag) I saw on the news a few months back, a lady put her bag on the table of a restuarent at the side of the Road and the bike mounted the pavement and they grabbed the bag and flew. Be careful ladies, dont ever let go of your bag, not even for a split second. I learnt the hard way - I see them looking but they wont ever get mine again.