Farang nightspots without bargirls please

adamofoz

my name is adam and im new here so ill start by saying Gday to all and thanking in advance to any help i may receive.

thanks.

my girl and i(both farang) will be in LOS with 2 weeks for a week in bangkok and a week in phuket.

while we do intend checking out some of the nightlife around soi cowboy, nana plaza and patpong(you couldnt go to LOS and not could you?)it isnt where we will be spending every nite however and i would like to find out about some good pubs, nightclubs, beergardens etc,preferably ones that play rock n roll or the likes(not hiphop,techno etc)where we could go without the bargirls and where other westerners hang out for a real good atmosphere ,party mode type places .

i am 33 and my girl is 27.

also anywhere in patong beach in phiket with same qualities would be appreciated.

thanks heaps and we cant wait to get there. :o  :cool:

G'day Adam.

There are a couple of places that play music on soi Sarasin, bkk.

It runs along the top of Lumpini Park..  Ratchadamri skytrain station is not far.

As for beer gardens, you could try the one on the ground floor at the World Trade Center, or at MBK shopping mall there is one on the 7th floor.  Good views of the city.

G'day Adam.

There are a couple of places that play music on soi Sarasin, bkk.

It runs along the top of Lumpini Park..  Ratchadamri skytrain station is not far.

As for beer gardens, you could try the one on the ground floor at the World Trade Center, or at MBK shopping mall there is one on the 7th floor.  Good views of the city.

can u give me the names of these places please?

and thanks m8.

There's a good beer garden near the East Western hotel, i thinks it's on Ratchada Road, past Tesco Lotus.

PS> Some of the big clubs are OK.

Try Q-Bar there quite fussy about anything to OTT (I've been chucked out b4) so It makes for a very nice clean club.

Ministry of Sounds good also and normally plenty of Falang.

If your wanting to party after 2am there's Grace Hotel, but not the sort of place you want to take your lass although it's an interesting viewing if your completely F*KD

Yes definitely check out the scene at Q Bar, always something up there or try out Ministry of Sound right near by. (along the Sukhumvit Road, accessible by BTS skytrain but you might need to take a cab in for QBar)

I really think you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped soi cowboy, patpong or nana...unless both of your preferences are girlee bars (no offence)....but head out to Silom soi 4 (near Patpong) for a taste of the local clubbing scene.  But as for Nana, there is the sheesha places that are interesting.

And if you get the time, as for night time shopping check out Lumpinee Nite Bazaar and for Sunday check out Chatchuchak Weekend Market (accessible by BTS skytrain, Mor Chit Station).....

Do all the necessary clubbing and shopping in Bangkok and RELAX, take in some massages, som tum, etc... on the beaches of Phuket will be the perfect vacation, well unless if you run into George Jr....(just kidding)!!!!

A great rock place to go and party is Hard Rock Cafe in Siam Square. They have a rock band who play rock,pop and alternative rock. The band is all Thai xcpt for the girl singer who is Filipina. On sundays, i think a guest band plays. The staff are great, go between 8 to 9 and sit at the bar near the stage, the band start playing at 10.00 and finish around 1.30 or 2.00 ? Customers are mixture of westerners and Thais, there are bar girls there but they are music loving freelancers, i.e. leave you alone.

Another good band to see is the Filipino band at the Huntsman Pub in the basement of the Landmark Hotel in Sukhumwit. They play rock and pop, have been doing it for years and take requests. Again sit at the bar or on a table near the stage. Starts around 9 ?

A different place to sit, relax, play pool and listen to Reggae or African music is Roots Reggae Bar in Soi 26 of Sukhumwit, take small soi on left at beginning of Soi 26. Customers are aftrican, japanese, westerners. Sometimes upstairs they have hip hop/rap parties. Get phone number from guide book, and call ahead to check if there's a party. Might not be very busy.

Try these

* 87 at the Conrad Hotel in Wittayu Rd.

* Bed in Sukhumvit soi 11 (very close to Q-Bar)

* Orbit Sukhumvit soi 26

* Narcissus (one soi off Sukhumvit on the odd side but do not remember which one)

* MOS has changed management -now it is worse- and has a new name

* Faith in Sukhumvit soi 23 (it is called soi 23 but imo it is not really soi 23)