Marriage Extension

Does the marriage extension procedure have to be carried out every year or just the once to establish that the applicant is indeed married.

every year the same procedure,2 copy's of each and signed by you with a blue pen.Keeps you bussy.

"

They probably will not wanr the house photo's, but always atake just in case.
"

They have always asked for them at Pattaya, but some offices are different, Johnweena incase you missed it.........

This is exactly what was required from me at Pattaya for an application for extension made in December 2008 and granted mid January 2009 for one year.

Not all immigration offices require as much, some require more, but this was what was required and was successful for me at Pattaya. Good luck.

Immigration December 2008, for Foriegeners Married to a Thai .

Requirements;

1) Form TM7 – Temporary Stay, completed both sides, 2 sets, photocopies of this form not allowed, must be 2 original forms.

2) 2 of, 6cm x 4cm Passport style photos, one attached to each of the TM7 forms.

3) Evidence photos, Evidence of together, in Bedroom, in Living room, in Kitchen, Outside house showing house number, 2 sets.

4) Bank book, front page showing account holders name – NO JOINT ACCOUNTS ANYMORE, plus last 2 or 3 pages, 2 sets.

Must show a minimum of 400,000 baht deposited for a minimum of 2 months prior to application, or certified evidence of a minimum of 40,000 Baht / month income – NOT A COMBINATION OF BOTH.

5) Bank letter – confirming your account status above, dated as near as possible to the same day of application, and must correspond to what the book says. 2 copies.

6) Passport – Front page with photo

All stamped pages

TM card

Non IMM Visa

Again 2 copies of all.

7) Marriage certificate, if not in Thai, must have certified Thai translation, certified by the Ministry of foreign affairs in BKK, 2 Copies

8) House book (blue book) showing Wife as resident of that property. 2 Copies

9) Wife’s ID card. 2 Copies

10)Map of house location. 2 copies.

Hope this helps. :o

And yes, the procedure must be carried out each year, but watch out for slight variations year on year. :D

Lenny

Many thanks for the above post. I am hoping to apply after Songkran for an extension based on marriage and it has been an arduous and stressful task finding out what exactly is needed to apply for an extension. You have hit the nail on the head with such goldmine information such as 2 sets of photos, original TM7 forms, all pages in passport (and not just the Thai ones) etc etc.

I have been bombarding the poor mods Ubonjoe & Lite Beer (poor buggers!!) for a few months now, and they have been a great help, but every time I go to an Non Imm extension marriage topic/post, there is always a new item needed for those knobs at immigration. If they could only print out what EXACTLY is needed, my blood pressure would be back in the high hundreds!!

As I live out in the sticks, I just know I'm gonna rock up to Suan Plu, wait for an eternity only to be told I need this, that or a urine/stool sample extra, go back home and return as they're closing.

Lenny

Many thanks for the above post. I am hoping to apply after Songkran for an extension based on marriage and it has been an arduous and stressful task finding out what exactly is needed to apply for an extension. You have hit the nail on the head with such goldmine information such as 2 sets of photos, original TM7 forms, all pages in passport (and not just the Thai ones) etc etc.

I have been bombarding the poor mods Ubonjoe & Lite Beer (poor buggers!!) for a few months now, and they have been a great help, but every time I go to an Non Imm extension marriage topic/post, there is always a new item needed for those knobs at immigration. If they could only print out what EXACTLY is needed, my blood pressure would be back in the high hundreds!!

As I live out in the sticks, I just know I'm gonna rock up to Suan Plu, wait for an eternity only to be told I need this, that or a urine/stool sample extra, go back home and return as they're closing.

JD You are worrying too much. I am doing my Marriage extension in two weeks in Korat. I also have a 340 K round trip.

I will let you know how I got on and what I needed to take.

Thanks, LB. Yes, I am a born worrier!! It's just the frustration of the whole thing. Nothing is clear cut or precise in this country (except the exact amount to get out of farangs on paying visa fees or entering National Parks!!!)

But it's always Murphy's Law with me.............If something's gonna go wrong, it's my head the pigeon will be shi**ing on!!

Thanks again LB. Looking forward to your report.

Edited by jamesjdaly