Quality Photos Of Thailand

cantona_777

Hello,

Quite new to this forum so welcome to all. Not a photography wiz as well...

I'm interested in purchasing 100 - 500 quality photographs suitable for printing 'holiday style' prints.

Does anybody know where I can purchase them and how much they could cost? I guess I could try Pantip to see what I could scour but I'm interested in a legitimate option.

Thanks.

R

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing 100 - 500 quality photographs suitable for printing 'holiday style' prints.

Does anybody know where I can purchase them and how much they could cost? I guess I could try Pantip to see what I could scour but I'm interested in a legitimate option.

Thanks.

R

It sounds like you need to approach a stock agency. While you might be able to find a retailer who could sell you that many quality photos, that would not give you the rights to redistribute them <legally>.

As OrigPoster has mentioned, your only options are:

a- make a licensing agreement with a photographer/s

b- make a license purchase through a stock agent

c- buy RF photoCDs through an authorized agent (VERY IMPORTANT : make sure the RF license issued with the CD allows your intended usage, a lot do not!)

Note all 3 of these involve a "license" because that's what you are actually buying.

Seriously, don't buy a photoCD through Pantip - all of the big producers (of Photo CDs) have licensing reps in Thailand and if they find you using their images without a license the bill is going to be a serious one, and they have the staff and inclination to go after you if they find out. The agents have different methodologies for assessing license infringement charges - the two most used charges are 1) to convert to RM usage charges times by 3 and add costs and 2) a set fixed fee charge - usually between 1000 USD and 10,000 USD per image per commercial usage dependent on the agency concerned.

Saying that - if you just want to print out the photos and stick them on your living room wall, use as a screen saver on your own PC, etc. who is to find out?

Edited by Whale

Hello,

Thanks.

R

Have a look at <a href="http://www.pictures-thailand.com">www.pictures-thailand.com</a>, they have got a couple of hundred thai photos.

It seems there is no copyright unless you want to use it on the net.

I asked them and they would send you all photos as a zip-file for 30 USD (???), I cant rember.

Tommi

Depends entirely on what you want to use them for. I'm sure many of us have an archive that would suit but no-one is going to give extensive rights for nothing so if this is for a commercial venture you must do it legitimately or face getting caught with a nasty "after the event" charge later. If the usage is very limited or specific then you may find someone here in Thailand who would do a deal based on a bulk buy that would be as cheap as a microstock company - PM me if you'd like to discuss it futher.

Hi there,

Thanks for all of your replies. I should have stated that photos are to be used for a commercial venture and as it stands they need to be licensed. I had a look at http://en.fotolia.com/ and http://www.shutterstock.com/. Licensing terms seems to imply that photos can be used for commercial nature (Royalty Free) and it appears to be within my budget (750 photos for 125GBP or 250USD).

Thanks again.

R