Property Market In Hua Hin

turbo

A relative just got back from doing a work project in Hua Hin. He has done projects in Hua Hin and in Pattaya - which is where I live. He says the property market in Hua Hin is just on fire. Properties booked fully up before development is complete, price 3/4 times higher than similar house in Pattaya, etc. etc. etc. Anyone with personal knowledge of the property market there? What is going on? How does it compare with Pattaya, Phuket?

A relative just got back from doing a work project in Hua Hin.  He has done projects in Hua Hin and in Pattaya - which is where I live.  He says the property market in Hua Hin is just on fire.  Properties booked fully up before development is complete, price 3/4 times higher than similar house in Pattaya, etc. etc. etc.  Anyone with personal knowledge of the property market there?  What is going on?  How does it compare with Pattaya, Phuket?

Hope to see some responses to this, I was trying to find a out a bit more myself. I know it is more expensive then Udon, but most places are. You might be able to find some information on the huahin news, I think it refers you over to the other sites with a lot of information about the area.

• 1 month later...
Quick example.. How much would this bungalow cost in Pattaya?.

The market in Pattaya v Hua Hin is easy to compare. And from what i have seen its certainly not 3/4 times higher than similar house in Pattaya.

in term of target, 80% of condo buyers in Hua Hin are Thai people. In Pattaya they are not more than 20% and less than 5% in Phuket.

in term of location, Pattaya has better access from Bangkok, and soon gonna have international airport on the way between Pattaya and Bangkok. Phuket has newly renovated international airport but infrastructure is still questionable (water, traffic jam, and recent effect of Tsunami). HuaHin has the plan to open expressway to Bangkok and will reduce traffic time from 2h30 to 1h30 which make it as close as Pattaya.

in term of prices, Pattaya and Hua Hin are quite similar. if you look at good qaulity developments, you will have to pay 55,000 - 65,000 a sq.meter. In Phuket you will go up to 65,000 - 70,000 if you want food quality condo with nice views and great access to the beach.

As you said, nearly all condo projects in Hua Hin are fully booked. Seems that the demand is underestimated there. Then, Hu Hoin real estate area is wide, go from Cha Am to Kha Takiab and Khai Tao. Even have some developments coming up in Pranburi (south of Hua Hin).