Type O Visa Confusion

Hello

I have been in Haad Rin for nearly 90 days on a Type O visa that i got in England. (I'm 21..) and i am planning on heading to Bangkok to get my extension for another 90 days. The confusion i have is that i wish to leave Thailand for 2 months to travel Laos and Cambodia so i will technically only be in thailand for the last 30 days of my Visa. Do i need to apply for the visa before i leave Thailand or can i apply on re-entry? (Breaking the 14 day window?) Can i have a current Thailand visa as well as Laos and Cambodia in my passport?

Thanks for your time.. sorry if this is a silly question!

Natasha

Check your visa and look if it says multiple or single. You seem to have a multiple non-immigrant visa. This mean that during the time your visa is valid you can to travel to Thailand an unlimited time. Each time you travel to Thailand you get permission to stay for 90 days. When those 90 days are finished you have to leave the country. You cannot extend your stay. What you have to do is leave the country and just come back and get another 90 days.

By leaving and entering Thailand just before the visa expires you will get a new 90 days and can so almost stay 15 months in Thailand.

Hello

I have been in Haad Rin for nearly 90 days on a Type O visa that i got in England. (I'm 21..) and i am planning on heading to Bangkok to get my extension for another 90 days. The confusion i have is that i wish to leave Thailand for 2 months to travel Laos and Cambodia so i will technically only be in thailand for the last 30 days of my Visa. Do i need to apply for the visa before i leave Thailand or can i apply on re-entry? (Breaking the 14 day window?) Can i have a current Thailand visa as well as Laos and Cambodia in my passport?

Natasha

Have you got a Single Entry or a Multi Entry?

If a Multi Entry you have to leave Thailand and come back to get another 90 days.

If a Single Entry your Visa will have expired at the end of 90 days and you have to go to a Thai Consulate and apply for another Visa.

Immigration in Thailand will not extend your Visa for another 90 days in either case.

Hello

Natasha

Have you got a Single Entry or a Multi Entry?

If a Multi Entry you have to leave Thailand and come back to get another 90 days.

If a Single Entry your Visa will have expired at the end of 90 days and you have to go to a Thai Consulate and apply for another Visa.

Immigration in Thailand will not extend your Visa for another 90 days in either case.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I have a multi entry visa.. so i have to leave thailand, re-enter to get another 90 days then leave for Laos? Or can i wait until i have got back from Laos etc (May time) to get my 90 days?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions!

Natasha

You can wait to re-enter THailand till when you come back from Laos. Just keep in mind the expiry date on your visa, not the stamp in your passport that says till what date you are permitted to stay. The expiry date of the visa tells you before what date you can re-enter Thailand and get a new 90 days to stay. If you enter after that date you don't get 90 days anymore.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I have a multi entry visa.. so i have to leave thailand, re-enter to get another 90 days then leave for Laos? Or can i wait until i have got back from Laos etc (May time) to get my 90 days?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions!

Natasha

You have a stamp in your passport that says what day you are allowed to stay till. You have to leave before that date.

If that's before you plan on leaving for Laos you will have to leave and re-enter and get another 90 days. You can leave again any time you want as long as it is before your permited to stay date.

When you come back from Laos you will get another 90 days.