Who Took The Sign?

DustyRhodes

Last night--or early this morning--the 10x3' sign at a certain burrito shop was stolen. Any sleuths reading this who could venture to guess why? We don't have any enemies that we know of. It wasn't just drunken vandalism, someone wanted--or didn't want us to have--that sign.

We're new in town. Is this normal?

Ouch.

If you're talking about a canvas/plastic banner then I believe there's, allegedly, a bit of trade in them as sun shades for street vendors. I seem to remember one of the forum sponsors having a similar problem and with a little lateral thinking ended up supplying shades whilst advertising his business at the same time.

Where's your burrito shop?

JxP

If the text/images can be peeled off the sign might be reused/sold, my first thought was someone in competition with you did not have the budget for similar advertizing so wanted to level the playing field. Use as a sun/rain shield is next likely. Hope to secure the next one with more with vigour.

All my signs , 8 of them were taken away apparently by the Road Transport Office... even the ones I had nailed high up on trees.

This happened twice and the first lot were expensive ones .....1,000 Baht each .....

Apprently you have to pay a yearly fee for each sign you put up and it's like 10,000 Baht per sign per year.... If the sign is on the shop / store you also have to pay and I think it is around 1,000 Baht for those.....They randomly go around pulling down all signs of whoever hasn't paid the fees.....This is what I was told ....Don't know if it is true but I have seen people pulling signs down and loading them onto pick up trucks ....???

Just plain theft for resale I guess is also possible

I don't think money is the only possibility here. Back in my old neighborhood it was cool to steal signs and put them in your room. How cool to have a 10' by 4' one in your room or garage :o Far cooler than a stupid stop sign. I don't know the true motive, maybe it was just to spite farang? Could be anything... But yes, probably money is the most likely reason. It was blank on the other side, yes?

Last night--or early this morning--the 10x3' sign at a certain burrito shop was stolen. Any sleuths reading this who could venture to guess why? We don't have any enemies that we know of. It wasn't just drunken vandalism, someone wanted--or didn't want us to have--that sign.

We're new in town. Is this normal?

Ouch.

Economic downturn, a sign of the times.