Ssr Epic Ride I

Bard

Graham has agreed to give me lessons on Bira so I shall get 1:20 soon, especially now with more power between my legs. After 1:20 new goal is 1:10 which will be much harder to reach but that's the fun with it.

Cheers Bard

You should reach 1:20 in no time at all on the 600. 1:10 is a completely different ball game. My best ever is 1:11.XX. It is hard and requires lots and lots of practice. However lessons should help with this considerably.

Wonder if I can crack this magic number with the Tiger. (growl) :o

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, can you source up 2 gallons of Shell Helix Super 10W-40 for me (probably same for Trent so total 4 gallon) give it to Trent to hand over to Yamaha to change the oil on my bike to this for my break in. Also I think when I arrive the 2nd from Singapore if someone could borrow me a helmet so I can do my 30 km run on it to flush out the filings, and get them to change oil again (same shell) before I go home to my ball and chain for a night. Then I will take a taxi 6:00 in the morning up to Yamaha and ready to just Go go go on the trip.

Cheers Bard

Heh heh Bard- No rest for the wicked! :D

4 gallons of Shell Helix Super 10W-40 (sure you didn't mean liters???)

I'll be happy to pick that up for you and you're welcome to use one of my extra helmets for the break-in run. But be warned my head is as big as my balls so my helmets are BIG! :o

Hey- as you know, I live only like 15 minutes from SwampyBoom, so if you want me to pick you up at the airport on the 2nd and run you and the 4 GALLONS of oil down to Yamaha it would be no problem at all. In fact I can introduce you to some Bangkok secret sois that you might not know about :D:wai::D:D

Just let me know what time your flight arrives or SMS me when you land.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony, can you source up 2 gallons of Shell Helix Super 10W-40 for me (probably same for Trent so total 4 gallon) give it to Trent to hand over to Yamaha to change the oil on my bike to this for my break in. Also I think when I arrive the 2nd from Singapore if someone could borrow me a helmet so I can do my 30 km run on it to flush out the filings, and get them to change oil again (same shell) before I go home to my ball and chain for a night. Then I will take a taxi 6:00 in the morning up to Yamaha and ready to just Go go go on the trip.

Cheers Bard

I'll be happy to pick that up for you and you're welcome to use one of my extra helmets for the break-in run. But be warned my head is as big as my balls so my helmets are BIG! :o

Hey- as you know, I live only like 15 minutes from SwampyBoom, so if you want me to pick you up at the airport on the 2nd and run you and the 4 GALLONS of oil down to Yamaha it would be no problem at all. In fact I can introduce you to some Bangkok secret sois that you might not know about :D:P:D:wai:

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sounds like a plan, well the FZ 6 takes 1 gallon and I need to change twice so 2 gallons actually (since Trent'y boy will do this before I arrive). I have a giant head as well, so it sounds like a fit mate.

I will be in Swampy 2nd March 10:00 with SQ from Singapore, can't wait to meet up and empty some stress in a secret soi :D

Cheers Bard

Cheers Bard

Hey- as you know, I live only like 15 minutes from SwampyBoom, so if you want me to pick you up at the airport on the 2nd and run you and the 4 GALLONS of oil down to Yamaha it would be no problem at all. In fact I can introduce you to some Bangkok secret sois that you might not know about :D:P:D:wai:

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sounds like a plan, well the FZ 6 takes 1 gallon and I need to change twice so 2 gallons actually (since Trent'y boy will do this before I arrive). I have a giant head as well, so it sounds like a fit mate.

I will be in Swampy 2nd March 10:00 with SQ from Singapore, can't wait to meet up and empty some stress in a secret soi :D

Cheers Bard

Wow- a Gallon is like 4 liters, right? The 600cc FZ6 takes 4 liters of oil?

You da boss so 4 gallons it is!

SMS me when you land on the 2nd and I'll come pick you up at Swampy.

Safe travels and see you soon!

Tony

Well here's my new bike readily tour kitted with the E41 sides and V46 top box, also got the frame slider on and note the Tour Screen in front which will make it a comfy ride in ehh highway speed.

All the bike is missing is it's rider who sit in Africa longing for the ride.

BTW if anyone goes to Yamaha and look at it, remember if you don't run your fingers over my bike, I won't run my bike over your fingers.

Cheers Bard

3287396383_f31b11a695_o.jpg

Looks Awesome Bard!

Trent is going to love all that storage space for his beauty products too! :D:D:o

I'm going to go out tomorrow to buy you the Shell Helix Super 10W-40 you requested.

Did I read correctly when you said in another post that your bike comes with synthetic oil new? Did you ask the folks at Yammie why they do that? Weird, huh?

I bet you're counting the days until March 2nd! Look forward to seeing you and your new bike soon!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Yes I know they hide an awesome Akrapovic system with pulled dB killers, luckily you just pull off the boxes when there not needed and voila you can see them perfectly. And from behind you'll see them anyway and definitely hear it :o

The FZ6 comes with fully synthetic oil, which is exactly what I will use after I run it in. Just for the break in I will use dino oil :D

Flock me!

You have turned a young man's bike into an old man's cycle!! :o

What she'll do mister with all those makeup boxes on the bike? :D

Using ur method of breaking in. Use the man made stuff for the first thirty clicks or so and then put in Dino juice. Makes economic sense & less hassle.

A real biker will kick off all those boxes off, pin the throttle straight off the showroom floor!! :D

Enjoy ur new bike. And watch out for the white Tiger passing by........ :D

Flock me!

You have turned a young man's bike into an old man's cycle!! :D

What she'll do mister with all those makeup boxes on the bike? :D

Using ur method of breaking in. Use the man made stuff for the first thirty clicks or so and then put in Dino juice. Makes economic sense & less hassle.

A real biker will kick off all those boxes off, pin the throttle straight off the showroom floor!! :D

Enjoy ur new bike. And watch out for the white Tiger passing by........ :D

Oh ouch! Andrew and Bard- you'll have to settle this one like real men on the track and we'll celebrate afterwards at the Secret Soi :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Flock me!

You have turned a young man's bike into an old man's cycle!! :D

What she'll do mister with all those makeup boxes on the bike? :jerk:

Enjoy ur new bike. And watch out for the white Tiger passing by........ :P

Oh ouch! Andrew and Bard- you'll have to settle this one like real men on the track and we'll celebrate afterwards at the Secret Soi :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Don't worry. I'll be on his rear fender on one of these dates. 16th, 17th or 18th.

That if his teacher allows him on track alone that is. :D:D:wai:

Don't worry. I'll be on his rear fender on one of these dates. 16th, 17th or 18th.

That if his teacher allows him on track alone that is. :o:D:D

555 :D

Well, watch out Andrew, who knows what he's got in all that luggage- Smoke screen? Oil slick? Road spikes? Or maybe he'll just start dropping them like land mines...

You guys crack me up! weapons49.gifCan't wait to see you on the track! genoux.gif

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Travelmate,

Use the Tiger man, I would like to see how it works out on the track. HST I will be on the gixxer and have fun. Don't worry Graham is such a cool dude he will let us have a go, I will ride the FZ6 to the track, so let's test out the FZ6 and the Tiger on the track would be fun.

Beware guys, ever seen movies from WWII, those Givi's are like drop tanks, I'll ditch em if I have to.. fock it so stay clear :o I like that storage, I can do long haul trips, ditch the side panniers and only top box or vice verse from my need on trips. I will ditch em to the hotel room upon arrival and wheelie my way trough the towns.

On the track I can carry my tools, extra shirts and all else like towel leave it in the paddock and open up until I see God.

For the SSR shame on you Travelmate prioritizing work and all, what happened to you? oh well we'll have fun for you and send some pictures so cheer you up, some girlie pix, beer pix, and road pix should do eyh?

Cheers Bard

Well here's my new bike readily tour kitted with the E41 sides and V46 top box, also got the frame slider on and note the Tour Screen in front which will make it a comfy ride in ehh highway speed.

BTW if anyone goes to Yamaha and look at it, remember if you don't run your fingers over my bike, I won't run my bike over your fingers.

Cheers Bard

BARD, The bike looks great man.....holy hel_l they are some awesome sized panniers....you will have oodles of storage space.....pity they couldnt colour code them for you?

Bike is awesome.....ohh and don't worry I didnt touch it the other day when I was down at the yammie dealer....but i did get little neverdie caught in the exhaust can when I was getting a little freaky down there :D .....I'm really hoping this doesnt mean your gonna try and run little neverdie over :o

Ok brothers, been incomunicardo for three days as I've been touring about.

Currently in Nong Khai, next destination??? UNKNOWN. Will be heading along the mehkong river and then back down through isaan to Bangers where I'm after a tank bag :o

Bikes holding up to the intense pounded and mileage I've put it through.

Just changed the oil, it was black as crude oil! Put 5W 50 Race grade synthetic Mobil 1 in it!

For 4 liters - 1900 baht!! :D

Money well spent.

Been stretching her legs a bit on highway 2 north and she'll do about 200 kph :wai:

although normally it's between 100 - 135-140 kph otherwise she guzzles fuel.

The range of my CBR is quirky as I've run her dry running up and down mountains within about 230 kph. But I think for flat conditions probably longer. The tank size is a paltry 14.5 liters or so.

But what the hel_l! if it runs out it runs out and I'll hoof it to the nearest gas station :D

For digs Fan rooms are what I usually go for. Something in the 200 - 350 baht range. I don't mind paying more but for staying somewhere just for 10 hours or so anything more 400 is a bit ott for me anyway.

Worst comes to the worst I'll just sleep next to the bike :D LOL.

Right got to go, I've a shtload of admin and trip reports to note down!

This and the marathon with you boys! Boy it's gonna be a busy four weeks with all the biker blasts! :D

Brilliant Jim,

I found room in Mae Sot from around 100 b/n with fan to 400 b/n with a/c, like you we just sleep and *sensored* in the room the rest is outside havin a blast.

200km is about max between fuel stops, as you've seen I got luggage space and will bring tools, tire repair kit, 1 liter of spare oil, pump and pressure gauge for the tires, first aid kit etc. Trent will use his space for creams and other stuff I don't even know what is for, body lotions and God knows, so if you feel crap he probably have a face mask with him to cheer you up hahaha...

I am game 09:00 the 3rd at Yamaha shop in Ratchada, if that is to early for some, let me know. I'll leave my house at 07:00 to be there, so hopefully the Trent is awake by then.

Can't wait guys this will be a blast.

Cheers Bard

The range of my CBR is quirky as I've run her dry running up and down mountains within about 230 kph. But I think for flat conditions probably longer. The tank size is a paltry 14.5 liters or so.

But what the hel_l! if it runs out it runs out and I'll hoof it to the nearest gas station :o

Sounds like good times on your CBR400!

Interesting about the range. The ER-6n also has a rather small 15.5 liter tank and I'm usually getting about 200-220km before the fuel light comes on, and at that point there's still about 3 liters left on reserve. I'm guesstimating fuel economy between 16-16.5 km/liter but then I ride pretty hard... The ER-6n is 'advertised' as getting 48MPG which is 5.9 liters / 100km so I guess this is about right.

Hi Travelmate,

Use the Tiger man, I would like to see how it works out on the track. HST I will be on the gixxer and have fun. Don't worry Graham is such a cool dude he will let us have a go, I will ride the FZ6 to the track, so let's test out the FZ6 and the Tiger on the track would be fun.

For the SSR shame on you Travelmate prioritizing work and all, what happened to you? oh well we'll have fun for you and send some pictures so cheer you up, some girlie pix, beer pix, and road pix should do eyh?

Cheers Bard

Maybe I bring both. The Tiger to keep you honest. The ZX10R for some proper rectum twitching action. :o

Hey some of us have to work. Believe me if I could, I be on the road. :D

Just be sure to send some decent pics of bikes and girls. :D

Bard

Nice bike nice side panniers, but I don't see the need for the Hibachi grill on top.

Cheers

HH AKA D

:o

Cheers Bard

The top is for dumping my helmet and jacket when I stop, or put in my missus stuff when she rides with me, as one pannier is for tools, and all the stuff I like to carry to be prepared to fix whatever it must be. The other is for my stuff, so the top is just where I dump helmet and jacket when I stop, have rain gear and camera perhaps? I donno, better with enough space I can jiggle around than cursing over lack of it. Can always leave the top behind if I don't need it, which is the beauty with the monorail system...

Cheers there D,

Bard

Hey some of us have to work. Believe me if I could, I be on the road. :D

Just be sure to send some decent pics of bikes and girls. :D

Believe me Travelmate I know I am the one sitting miles offshore with only male company around.

Girls and bikes will do :o

Cheers Bard

Glad I'm not in the North Sea on my 2 and 2 rotation now, BRrrrr!

Videos are being ripped to the HDD as we speak. 10 GIG of road blasts in one 3ish hour leg from Khon Kaen to Nong Khai!

My other biking buddy is a raging alky man! He's on the booze at 12 noon on arrival! Still at it now! Fcking drinking cyborg machine of a man! :o

He'd better be ready to rock and roll early doors or I'm leaving his ass behind in Nong Khai the morrow :D

Yes Neverdie I'm on a non-stop mission for the coolest groove riding experience to blitz the nets hallowed biking hallways!

Hopefully it will entail mega speeds of 150 kph++++, corners and flying past things without ending up a cripple or in traction for 12 months!

So far so good :D