Pay As You Go Phone From Uk

slippery when wet

When I was last in the UK, I got a MobileWorld sim card from the Car Phone Warehouse. The sim doesn't cost anything, but you have to buy £10 of top-up credit to put on the sim at the beginning, but you do get to use the whole £10 credit, so the sim is effectively free to get. I thought the rates were okay against other pay-as-you-go sims, but I see there might be other options that are better priced. Regarding call quality, no problem that I can remember.

Actually its not MobileWorld now, now it's called Talk Mobile, but still from the Car Phone Warehouse.

www.talkmobile.co.uk

Details from their web site;

Making calls from UK to...

Call to Thailand landline ~ 4p per minute

Call to Thailand mobile ~ 6p per minute

Text to Thailand mobile ~ 15p

Which sounds about right.

To the OP, if its only mobile you can do i.e. No regular internet connection then Mobile world which i used a year ago when back in the UK is fine or this new Lebara sim which looks even cheaper.

Forget all this Vodafone/Orange crap, main networks are just out to fleece us, how do you think Vodafone sponsor McLaren & did sponsor Man Utd mainly due to people not knowing how to find a good deal,& giving their hard earned money away, this thread proves that.

If you can get on the net at home or a friends then sign up to a VoIP company, one of the best for Thailand is Voipdiscount,then use Lebara to make short mobile calls when you cannot get to the net simple. Also Your VoIP account lets you ring UK landlines for free whether in Thailand or the UK.

Best a luck

Forget all this Vodafone/Orange crap, main networks are just out to fleece us.

As I said Vodaphone is 5p a minute to call a Thailand landline, (and excellent quality line) many people in the U.K. don't know that, so it is not worth buying a new SIM and changing your telephone number.

If people are starting from scratch, then this Lebara SIM sounds like the way to go.

VOIP in my experience are disappointing, with drop-outs and other problems and who would trust a 'Communications' company (many go bust every week) with your precious credit/debit card details?

Forget all this Vodafone/Orange crap, main networks are just out to fleece us.

As I said Vodaphone is 5p a minute to call a Thailand landline, (and excellent quality line) many people in the U.K. don't know that, so it is not worth buying a new SIM and changing your telephone number.

If people are starting from scratch, then this Lebara SIM sounds like the way to go.

VOIP in my experience are disappointing, with drop-outs and other problems and who would trust a 'Communications' company (many go bust every week) with your precious credit/debit card details?

Tell me what percentage of Thai Family's have a landline i do, but in my village I'm in the minority now if ya talkin Mobiles then there's a Thai's best friend :o

Well no one is listening to me... the 0844 number I gave in full will do the trick for 1p a minute - make it as complicated as you like

No one is listening to you because your talking rubbish.

Try to dial 0844 from an O2 PAYG sim card you will get charged a lot more than 1p per minute!

Well no one is listening to me... the 0844 number I gave in full will do the trick for 1p a minute - make it as complicated as you like

No one is listening to you because your talking rubbish.

Try to dial 0844 from an O2 PAYG sim card you will get charged a lot more than 1p per minute!

:o:D

I tried localphone yesterday from my mobile - 1p pm. checked my O2 bill this morning.........oh yes.

• 1 year later...

Vodaphone Pay-as-you-go offers calls to a Thailand landline for 5p per minute and mobile for 15p per minute. You won't find better on Pay-as-you-go in the U.K.

Actualy you will, Lebara 4p a minute to a landline and 6p a minute to a mobile, buy a sim card, top up with £20 and get £10 free, couldn't be easier.

i have treid vodaphone , mobile- thaimobile expensive .

nomi , bad connection

i am now using LEBARA , and to date , excellent .