Work Permit Scope Argument

I've been through the work permit mill a couple of times, once as an employee and once as a company director, and did a lot of research here on TV and elsewhere each time. Now I'm trying to advise someone on getting his work permit because he's just not getting good info. But I want to make sure my understanding of some issues is correct before I give it another go.

Is it true that when applying for a work permit it will state one address at which the work permit holder is allowed to work, and that in some cases it will be as specific as the floor and suite number where they are permitted to work, and that working in another location not specified in the work permit is illegal?

Is it true that when applying for or by later seeking an amendment to the work permit, you can add one or more additional specific locations where one is legally permitted to work?

Is it true that to add a work location in another province one has to go to the Labor Department office in that province?

Is it true that there is no such thing as a Thai work permit which is nationwide in scope, i.e. that would allow the holder to work anywhere in the Kingdom he needs to in the field of work he's allowed to perform?

Is it true, similar to the above, that it isn't even possible to get a work permit which allows the holder to work anywhere he needs to within a single province?

Is it true that working from home is illegal unless the residential address is specified in the work permit?

Is it true that if Farang A goes to a business meeting at the offices of Farang B (which are not specified as a permitted workplace in the work permit of Farang A) he is by the letter of the law working illegally?

Alot of questions.

It's true that Place of work is limited to what it says on WP.

Can be multiple places.

There's a Grey area here, home from work, business meetings and so on.

If to follow the rules your not allowed to think at any place than stated in your WP.

“ Work ” means to engage in work by exerting energy or using knowledge whether or not in consideration of wages or other benefits.

To work in different provinces, your friend should contact a professional such as Sunbelt.

You can read a little bit more here.

Ministry of labour