Can Someone Recommend A Gym Nearby?

cochran

Hi everyone.

Just moved into my new condo at View Talay 6 last weekend, and am very satisfied except for the lack of a fitness center in the building. Could someone recommend a good gym nearby, maybe on Beach Rd. or 2nd road, and preferably within reasonable walking distance (reasonable for two fit people in their early 30's, so it doesn't have to be right next door).

Don't really need a pool, as there's one here at home, but would like decent cardio equipment, free weights, etc. Standard stuff, nothing special or glamorous needed. Just looking for a place to stay in shape and maintain.

Thanks in advance,

Cochran

That martial arts school opposite Foodlands is ooffering one year memberships for their new fitness studio at 4,500 Baht a pop! Give Tony a hard run for the money and the place was well equipped. Thinking about going there even though I have a gym just next door.

The avenue 2nd road has california wow which seems to be the closest gym within walkin distance to you.......then you have tonys on 3rd road opposite exzyte and tonys soi 16 off walking st,and another tonys nr corner of 3rd road and south pattaya.If you wait till august then should be one in the mall next to you.

The Gym at the A one Cruise Hotel (Soi 3 Beach Rd) is very nice, clean and has not too many people. Use of the hotel swimmingpool, sauna and steambath. Cost more then Tonys, but you will also find different people there then at Tonys.

I use Tony's Gym on Soi 16. 100 Baht a visit and there is everything you need there for an aerobic or weight workout.

For some reason Tony's on Third Rd is 200 baht a visit, with basically the same equipment.

With regards to weight training equipment...not as good even.

That martial arts school opposite Foodlands is ooffering one year memberships for their new fitness studio at 4,500 Baht a pop! Give Tony a hard run for the money...

That martial arts academy is not bad...but I think Tony's is a much better deal. Tony's has a promo of B 6500 a year and includes membership at all 3 of their gyms. The original Tony's has a pool and tennis courts too which one can use. Parking is also very easy at the Tony's opposite Exzite as there is a parking lot and is open 24/7 :o

I agree that there are some meatheads who work-out a Tony's but they are harmless.

Cost more then Tonys, but you will also find different people there then at Tonys.

Really? How are they different?

Less guys with shaved heads, tattoos, steroid muscles ......... :o

Shaved heads, tattoos and big muscles bother you? Why? Do they scare you?

That martial arts school opposite Foodlands is ooffering one year memberships for their new fitness studio at 4,500 Baht a pop! Give Tony a hard run for the money and the place was well equipped. Thinking about going there even though I have a gym just next door.

The new Gym opposite Foodland is doing well, my partner is a teacher there, all brand new equipment with air con. Its very nice.