Non Immigrant "o" Visa

I am in need of a bit of help with a Non immigrant " O " visa .

I have a visa , due to expire at the end of next month .

I am married to a Thai , she now lives in Australia , the visa was originally obtained in Brisbane .

I want to obtain another visa for 12 months , without going back to Australia .

My understanding is ..... I cannot renew my visa without her being here .

Am I able to go to a Thai embassy outside of Thailand to get another one year visa ,

provided I have the correct paperwork ?

The original visa was a multiple entry , even though the visa is due to expire within one month , the last time I entered a few days ago I was given a stamp for three months ...... mistake or bonus ... I am not sure .

Edited by Noddy1

If you have all the correct paperwork (marriage cert, Tabien Baan copy, wife's ID card copy, and some money [pref B400,000] in a Thai bank), KL should give you a 1 year Non O. A letter from your wife will help as well saying you'll be living with her in Thailand. I wouldn't mention she lives in Aus!!

Edited by jamesjdaly

Correct, for an extension you would need to be living together.

You wil need to get a new non-O visa, best is to ask a letter from your wife asking for a visa for you. You will at least need a copy of the marriage certificate and her ID-card.

Look here onder non-O to visit family for reports about getting a visa in the region:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

If you have all the correct paperwork (marriage cert, Tabien Baan copy, wife's ID card copy, and some money [pref B400,000] in a Thai bank), KL should give you a 1 year Non O. A letter from your wife will help as well saying you'll be living with her in Thailand. I wouldn't mention she lives in Aus!!

Additional info.

You will get a multiple entry non-o that will give you 90 days per entry. It will give you about 15 months total.

I used to get this visa (Non-imm O, multiple) from Singapore.

All I ever gave them in addition to my private doc's was my wife's ID, marriage license (english and thai) and letter from Thai bank with more than 800k. Nobody could ever confirm to me if the limit was 400 or 800 so I always made sure it was over 800 to be sure.

Never any question about invitation letters etc. Renewed it 4-5 times with no problems but no chance to get any info about what is required until you actually get there... 2 times I was even given the visa for free?!?

You multiple is valid for 1 year and you will get a 3 months stamp every time you enter. If you enter on the last day of your visa you will still get 3 months from that day. Meaning that you can use this visa up to 15 months from issue date if you enter on the last day...

I don't think Singapore is issuing multi entries anymore. KL is a much better bet. If you search thaivisa well enough, there are some excellent posts about getting a visa in KL, staying there, embassy opening/closing times, buses, taxis, hotels, prices etc.

Edited by jamesjdaly

I don't think Singapore is issuing multi entries anymore. KL is a much better bet. If you search thaivisa well enough, there are some excellent posts about getting a visa in KL, staying there, embassy opening/closing times, buses, taxis, hotels, prices etc.

I obtained a Multi-Entry Non Imm O in KL on the 6th January 2009. Based on marriage. Cost is 550 ringitts.

Fill out the Malay entry visa form on the plane. No charge. Through Immigration in 5 minutes with no hassle. I took the KLIA Express train from the Airport. Cost is 35 ringitts one way. Very fast in to KL. 30 minutes. Then took a mono rail train to Ampang Park, near where the Embassy and the hotels are (that i was going to stay in)

Documents required were as follows.

Copy of Tabien Baan. Wife signed it.

Copy of wifes ID card and passport (only ID card is required). Again, signed by wife.

Original Marriage Certificate and copy (signed)

Original bank book and copy (signed by myself)

My passport and copy (signed)

My bank book showed only 78,000 baht, or somewhere around that figure. I had to sweet talk a bit saying I had a new job out of the country and that monthly salary of 120,000 baht will be going into the account from overseas shortly. I was also well dressed. Shirt, trousers and nice shoes. Smiled a lot. Visa granted.

I also took along two letters from my wife requesting I be granted a visa, one in English, one in Thai. They weren`t required. I would still do the same again though next time as rules can change. :o

Go early. Visa section opens at 9.30am. They start gathering at the gates around 8.30 ish.

The Thai Embassy in KL has a website where you can download app forms. Don,t bother. They are out of date.

You will be handed a single app form at the gate. You need 2 passport photographs attached to the same form. Take a paper clip.

Visas` are collected the next day between 2.30pm and 4.30 pm. No need to go early. Its a fast collection process. They must have cleared about 40 folks in front of me by 2.45pm. By 3.00pm the place was empty. (I was resting outside having a smoke)

The whole process was very efficient and freindly. I would not hesitate to go again.

The nearest Mono rail station to the Embassy is Ampang Park (red line) Cost me 2 ringitts from Sentral and about 15 minutes travel time. Come out of the station onto the main road. Turn left and walk for about 800m. Embassy is on your left, white dirty looking walls.

There is a hotel dead opposite the Embassy called Villa Apartments. No idea how nuch they cost but they have a website.

I stayed at the Flamingo Hotel, about 2 kms away. Cost 5 ringitt by taxi from Ampang Park station. Nice hotel, good food and pool. Great staff. There are some reasonable hotels in Chinatown, from what I have been told. Average cost around 120 ringitt. Its also near a Mono rail station but this is second hand info.

Cost me 240ish ringitt a night because I just turned up unannounced. You can book online and get a room for 170 ringitt.

10 ringitt = 100 baht. ATMS are no prob with Thai ATM cards. (Visa Electron and Plus)

I walked from my hotel to the Embassy. Took me about 40 minutes. Book a taxi the night before or you will find at that time in the morning they are all pretty busy. I didn,t book, hence the walk.....but its a pleasant enough walk.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Phatcharanan