Meet Sid

TBWG

absolutely correct. it is Xenochrophis piscator. here's another one...

ReptilesPics_post_07383.jpg

did yours strike much when you agitated it ?

Yes, It behaved as I suspect a Cobra would. Raising its front 20% off the ground and striking forward when confronted by an 84 year old thai with a broom!

It's head flared very slightly plus had sort of ridge running down the back from the head (can see in pic)

TBWG

:o

Yes, It behaved as I suspect a Cobra would. Raising its front 20% off the ground and striking forward when confronted by an 84 year old thai with a broom!

interesting... i've only ever seen a dead one of these in the wild :o

had sort of ridge running down the back from the head (can see in pic)

hence 'keelback' - as in the keel of a ship. Your pic is really superb..

interesting... i've only ever seen a dead one of these in the wild :D

had sort of ridge running down the back from the head (can see in pic)

hence 'keelback' - as in the keel of a ship. Your pic is really superb..

Hi Goshawk

My brain urts! Hate to rely on me in a crisis!

Obvious now you point it out :o

TBWG :D

Good for Sid TBWG.

I'm afraid I take my mark from our staff. Anything near the house or farm buildings gets the "hoe across the neck". 7 or 8 in the last 4 years. We've lost 2 dogs and a nice bull to snakes.

Giant centipedes get the same treatment, I'm afraid. We live on 50 rai, so a tiny percentage of the local fauna. :o Nice to admire from a distance though.

Regards

Good for Sid TBWG.

I'm afraid I take my mark from our staff. Anything near the house or farm buildings gets the "hoe across the neck". 7 or 8 in the last 4 years. We've lost 2 dogs and a nice bull to snakes.

Giant centipedes get the same treatment, I'm afraid. We live on 50 rai, so a tiny percentage of the local fauna. :o Nice to admire from a distance though.

Regards

Hi TT

Fraid I can't bring myself to kill snakes but the centipedes (Da Kapp) certainly do get the chop!

Good for Sid TBWG.

Regards

Hi TT

Fraid I can't bring myself to kill snakes but the centipedes (Da Kapp) certainly do get the chop!

phenomenal photo of the keelback. well done for leaving it be.