Leather Interior

basjke

Hi All,

just purchased a second hand chevrolet colorado crewcab and would like to put leather seats in,just because it's light grey fabric interior and I can imagine how it gonna look after a few months with me inside. :o I was thinking about having it renovated but in that case I need to find a good craftsman and have no idea of what would be a reasonable price.Might be that at some scrape yard it is possible to buy leather seats,because I assume the isuzu d-max will have the same seats and there are a few of them around,but would like to ask here if anyone knows of some good addresses where I can find it and again what would be reasonable price for it.Please let flow your opinions.

Hi there, having your seats recovered (re-upholstered) is a great idea. All the taxis do it and there are many shops around that offer this service. Just look for shops with car seats outside, take your truck there and get a quote. Re-upholstering with PVC will be between 4000-6000baht and leather would start at 12,000 but it would depend significantly on the grade of leather you require.

Unfortunately, no matter how well the job is completed, it will never match the original job from the factory. Your plan to buy old seats is unlikely to be realised, but good luck. You might simply want to buy quality seat covers (1500baht each) to protect the original seats you have got.

Can I swap you for the leather seats in my new CRV they really are the pits.

:o If they fit i would sign for it immediately.Must be that honda changed the definition of leather a bit since REAL leather seats are the best you can have.

Can I swap you for the leather seats in my new CRV they really are the pits.

:o If they fit i would sign for it immediately.Must be that honda changed the definition of leather a bit since REAL leather seats are the best you can have.

Believe mine came from the oldest most wizened bull that must have spent it's entire life in the sun in a swamp.

Are most seats PVC or leather? Is there a difference? I wanted to do mine but always thought it would be somewhere around 20-40,000 baht. If less than 10k I would do it.

Do they remove the old cloth or just sew the PVC-leather over the the old seats?

Are most seats PVC or leather? Is there a difference? I wanted to do mine but always thought it would be somewhere around 20-40,000 baht. If less than 10k I would do it.

Do they remove the old cloth or just sew the PVC-leather over the the old seats?

Yes there is a difference.Pvc will get very hot in the sun while leather will always feel cool,even in hot weather.

I assume they remove the old cloth if the job is done good,but as aussiebebe said the job will never match the factory job.

Anyone has an address for a real professional upholstery.

You can take a look at a place on Theprasit. Heading towards Sukhumvit, the place will be on the right side of the road. There will be car seats sitting outside. I was going to have some vinyl bucket seats recovered with cloth. They had many books with sample material to choose from. The prices seemed quite reasonable. I eventually used just seat covers but they did put a new headliner in my Carryboy. I forget the price but they did a great job.

I had the seats in my d max highlander recovered with leather and the grade was good 2 x front and the back bench seat. went on a wed paid a deposit and they fitted on the fri.

They removed the old covers ( because thats all they are from the factory ) and fitteed the new leather in 8 hours real good job 14.000bt.

I carnt remember the name of the company but found them in a thai 4x4 mag, they are somwere near srinakarin rd