Buying 42" Lcd Tv

Sabum

Hey I'm looking to buy a 42" lcd (dont like plasma) and was really impressed with the LG 53, seems like the new model of 42" lcd for LG. It was much brighter and had more vibrant colours than most of the other models, oh, that was 33,000 baht, they had better for alot more. I'm looking to spend max 35,000.

Hey I'm looking to buy a 42" lcd (dont like plasma) and was really impressed with the LG 53, seems like the new model of 42" lcd for LG. It was much brighter and had more vibrant colours than most of the other models, oh, that was 33,000 baht, they had better for alot more. I'm looking to spend max 35,000.

Lg 53 has been superseded here in UK with LG 6100 or LG 7000

Here in Uk LG has a model LG6100 lcd 42" Full HD 1080p 50,000 + 1 contrast. about £625 so at 50bht to 1 Gbp = 31,250Bht

You should be able to get this high a spec in Thailand for your Budget. Make sure the numbnut in the store knows EXACTLY what spec you want as they will sell you anything and tell you it is top of the range.

The higher the contrast ratio the better I would not settle for anything less than the above figure unless it was a 100hertz system LG do those as well.

Get your self a good Bluray player when you have a bit more money about 10,000bht for a good but simple one and your made.

Good Hunting :o

Lg 53 has been superseded here in UK with LG 6100 or LG 7000

Here in Uk LG has a model LG6100 lcd 42" Full HD 1080p 50,000 + 1 contrast. about £625 so at 50bht to 1 Gbp = 31,250Bht

You should be able to get this high a spec in Thailand for your Budget. Make sure the numbnut in the store knows EXACTLY what spec you want as they will sell you anything and tell you it is top of the range.

The higher the contrast ratio the better I would not settle for anything less than the above figure unless it was a 100hertz system LG do those as well.

Get your self a good Bluray player when you have a bit more money about 10,000bht for a good but simple one and your made.

Good Hunting :o

Would love to pay only 10,000 baht for a Blu-ray player here in Thailand. You might get away with paying 20-23,000 for a bog standard blu-ray player here.

I bought my mother in the UK a Samsung 7 series TV for Christmas, from Amazon .uk, I also priced up the exact same model in Thailand, I paid over 500 pounds less in the UK than I would have done in Thailand. So trying to compare prices between the 2 countries doesn't really fly I'm afraid, you have to take into account the exorbitant taxes lavished on electrical goods.

Edited by mickmac

Please consider again, what brand you want to buy. Last year I buy LG 42 Plasma + DVD total THB 50.000.

Both the TV and dvd has had multiple problem a n d the service (at least in Pattaya area) is not up to pair.

Thais seems to avoid LG and rather choose Samsung and Sony.

I agree with Mac1, Samsung or Sony for are wise choices for LCD. LG is better at producing plasmas than LCDs.

Unless your home environment has as strong ambient light as the shops where you look for TVs, you will find that watching LCD at night can be painful on the eyes, and the backlighting causes light bleed at the edges of the screen, and can make the blacks look washed out and grey. These things you will not be able to see in the shop because of the light level.

In general, plasma is still a superior technology in terms of motion representation and black levels. So unless you mostly plan to watch TV in a very brightly lit room, you may want to consider a 42" plasma from Panasonic as well.

the issue was widely discussed already...I bought me a 40" Samsung Full HD at Numchai, exactly matching your budget. Basically I had the choice for 42" HD ready and 40" Full HD for the same price. Opted or the smaller one withbetter technology and they are much larger in your living room than they appear in the shop!

I decided to buy a Samsung 52" series 8 LCD (ultra thin), but it cost ALOT....free Samsung Blue Ray player (but not many blue ray CDs around)....the TV wall mounting (swivel up and down and side to side) cost B6500....

I really like the TV but the sound is thin....not too surprising given how thin the TV is.....am looking around for a good home theater system....

have a look at this ebay style Thai site, i found some good deals there last week.

shopping.sanook.com/buyer_list.php?cid=332&tab=0&start_price=0&end_price=0&city=0&select=2

I decided to buy a Samsung 52" series 8 LCD (ultra thin), but it cost ALOT....free Samsung Blue Ray player (but not many blue ray CDs around)....the TV wall mounting (swivel up and down and side to side) cost B6500....

I really like the TV but the sound is thin....not too surprising given how thin the TV is.....am looking around for a good home theater system....

well...as advertised.... :o

"50,000 : 1 contrast."

Another thing to consider is response time. The best are around 2ms; as you approach 5ms, you'll get a lot of smearing during action sequences. Plasma has better color density and purity, faster response times, and higher contrast. Unfortunately, plasma products can burn an image onto the screen, and use more power.