A Bit Under 400,000 Question

Well, I've finally opened an account togther with the Mrs. and made a deposit of almost 70,000 B.

After a week, when we used about 10,000 B, I made a deposit again, this time of 338,000 B.

So that's leave me with a total of over 400,000 in that week but actualy it didn't have 400,000 balance.

In addition, we bought a new car, so now were talking about 100,000 and going down.

And so, the question is obvious. Can I get a one year extention to my Non-O visa based on marriage?

Well, I've finally opened an account togther with the Mrs. and made a deposit of almost 70,000 B.

After a week, when we used about 10,000 B, I made a deposit again, this time of 338,000 B.

So that's leave me with a total of over 400,000 in that week but actualy it didn't have 400,000 balance.

In addition, we bought a new car, so now were talking about 100,000 and going down.

And so, the question is obvious. Can I get a one year extention to my Non-O visa based on marriage?

At the moment you apply for your one year extension you'll need to have a copy of your account book and a letter of the bank showing that your account had more than 400K on it for at least 60 days. I wouldn't go below 400K until I would had the extension in my passport. If you don't have 400K, you'll probably not get the visa.

Do you've income or does your wife has income? If you (personally) have more than 40K/month you can also get a visa. If you've together more than 40K income per month, they might make an exception and you the old rules, allowing you to get a visa too.

If there's no other option you could consider getting a student visa (this will cost you about 40K/year for education, extensions and the first visa run). Or you could go for a multiple entry non-immigrant-O visa and do visa runs.

Edited by kriswillems

Also the bank account has to be in your name. Not a joint account.

For future actions, Can we take out my wife's name from the account?

Thanks alot to everyone. I'll guess i just stick with the visa run as I allready have a multiple entery visa.

Mabye switch to education visa next year.

As said you do not have enough money in it to qualify.

Hi Lite Beer, sorry for butting into this thread but does the NO joint account also apply to the retirement visa

Thanks

Steve :o

As said you do not have enough money in it to qualify.

Hi Lite Beer, sorry for butting into this thread but does the NO joint account also apply to the retirement visa

Thanks

Steve :o

Even more so. They will want to see 1,600,000 as only 50% is yours.

At the moment you apply for your one year extension you'll need to have a copy of your account book and a letter of the bank showing that your account had more than 400K on it for at least 60 days. I wouldn't go below 400K until I would had the extension in my passport. If you don't have 400K, you'll probably not get the visa.

Do you've income or does your wife has income? If you (personally) have more than 40K/month you can also get a visa. If you've together more than 40K income per month, they might make an exception and you the old rules, allowing you to get a visa too.

If there's no other option you could consider getting a student visa (this will cost you about 40K/year for education, extensions and the first visa run). Or you could go for a multiple entry non-immigrant-O visa and do visa runs.

Immigration is very strict on this. They will count 60 days from the day you had 400K in the bank and it must remain so for the entire 60 days otherwise they will not give you the Visa. And just to re-affirm what was previously mentioned the account has to be in YOUR name ONLY. No joint account will be accepted.