Petchabun - Immigration Office Change

phutoie2

Hello all Petchabun folk, thought I would start a new topic as we may all be in the same boat from 15th Feb.

If you read the current topic on the immigration/visa forum, Thai immigration have announced that you must apply for all extensions of visa and even re-entry permit at the immigration office that serves your district.

Well that is Nan for Petchabun residents.

A neighbour who has just done his marriage extension at Suan Plu - Bangkok and was informed for next year Tak office!!.

Nan gets a good write up in my Thai guide book but its quite a drive from Phu Toei which is only 30 Km into Petchabun. Despite all the hassle Suan Plu was closer and for annual visit to immigration just about endurable. I have been there in the last week to get a re-entry permit.

There has not been any update as far as I know on the 90 day address reporting and hopefully we can continue with the postal system. If immigration change that, going up to Nan every 3 months from South Petch - :o

Edited by phutoie2

Hi Phutoie

I went to Tha-Li end of January for the 90 day check in, they initially said Nan and then said oh no Mae Sot to renew my retirement extension, I suppose the fog will clear eventually. I also asked for postal reporting at Tha-Li and no can do on that either.

Cheers

Chris

Aitch52 - We will have to see what happens from 15th Feb!, a friend in Phu Toei with no access to a computer does not believe me and is heading down to Suan Plu this week for a re-entry permit.

Another neighbour successfully applied for his 9th extension based on marriage has a piece of paper attached in his passport stating that next year he must go to Mai Sot, but that was end of January.

My own retirement extension is not due to end of May so still have some time to see what happens here.

I have looked on Google E about Nan, over 460 km from PT!, does nt make sense to me!,

The wife has a sister who lives in Lampang province so may have to tie it all with a holiday when its time.

Was it you that posted about having difficulty in driving through Chaiyapum?, if approaching from East just follow signs for Nakhon Sawan. I have done it a few times since living here as wife has more relatives dotted about the place! Road 225 a nice drive.

Hi Phutoie

yes I guess we will have to wait for the dust to settle before we discover where we have to renew the visa extension, I am due in August so I also have some time. Yep it is a long hike to Mae Sot but if that's what we have to do then we'll do it. Yes I had difficullty getting through Chaiyapum but now know to follow the signs to NS, it was a filthy night, torrential rain and a greasy windscreen which I stopped to clean several times. The road was flooded in a couple of spots and a few accidents where people lost control. I think the 225 would be a lovely drive in the daytime, very scenic on the climbs, but on a rainy night it was a nightmare.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by aitch52

Hi, This going to Nan business for retirement visa renewals looks like being a major pain in the wotsit, as far as I can see. Read somewhere on here it's a 14 hour drive from Phetchabon. Was thinking it might be good if Phetchabon residents posted their experiences of the Nan office on here, as far as paperwork requirements needed etc, in order to help each other out. Also thought I'd read that Phetchabon is going to get it's own immigration office, but can't seem to find it now.

I brought over the 800k required from my Uk bank last year, and the bangkok office understood the banks codes, and that the money had been transferred from the Uk, however, as this will be a new office this year, I'm going to get the bank to give me a letter before I go, explaining the codes. It's a heck of a long way to go to be refused on a paperwork issue.

Cheers

Wee GB

Hi, This going to Nan business for retirement visa renewals looks like being a major pain in the wotsit, as far as I can see. Read somewhere on here it's a 14 hour drive from Phetchabon. Was thinking it might be good if Phetchabon residents posted their experiences of the Nan office on here, as far as paperwork requirements needed etc, in order to help each other out. Also thought I'd read that Phetchabon is going to get it's own immigration office, but can't seem to find it now.

I brought over the 800k required from my Uk bank last year, and the bangkok office understood the banks codes, and that the money had been transferred from the Uk, however, as this will be a new office this year, I'm going to get the bank to give me a letter before I go, explaining the codes. It's a heck of a long way to go to be refused on a paperwork issue.

Cheers

Wee GB

Regarding travel to Nan, it's four (4) hours from Pittsanoulok, I passed that way last week enroute to Huey Khon and Laos.

Good place to say in Nan is the Dhevarat Hotel, baht 800, http://www.dhevarajhotel.com/

Good secure parking, I left my van there for four days.

Bangkok Post and the Nation, out the front door, turn left, cross the intersection, and go about 30-50 meters, small newspaper stand in the wholesale market.

Mac