How To Embed A Youtube Video

george

We do not accept direct links to Youtube videos here, only embedded videos.

If you want to post a video from Youtube here, just follow this instructions to embed the video:

For example, if the Youtube.com video URL is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87XesTKy0ro

Post like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87XesTKy0ro[/media]

The result is shown in the next post!

• 2 weeks later...
Bro admin, how to make the code working on my web? i mean how should i change the setting to make it working by adding the code only? coz rite now it does't working on my forum..

Please specify what platform you using? ThaiVisa is on IPB. Codes vary depending on type of forum software.

Let's assume you using IPB, version 2.0 and above.

Go to Admin Control Panel and click "MANAGEMENT" bar on top.

Scroll down and look for:

Custom BBCode item_bullet.gifCustom BBCode Manager item_bullet.gifAdd New BBCode

Click on Add New BBCode

post-68174-1235443471_thumb.jpg

post-68174-1235443502_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I use the 'insert media' tool in the reply window,post-86914-073553800 1287361839_thumb.jp on the far right of the tools :)post-86914-018121900 1287361862_thumb.jp

seems to work for me.

I'd also be interested in knowing exactly why the direct links aren't allowed .

Looking at the date of the OP I would say the Insert Media function was added later. Just not been updated. Anyway this function makes it a lot easier. :thumbsup:

I use the 'insert media' tool in the reply window,post-86914-073553800 1287361839_thumb.jp on the far right of the tools :)post-86914-018121900 1287361862_thumb.jp

seems to work for me.

Looking at the date of the OP I would say the Insert Media function was added later. Just not been updated. Anyway this function makes it a lot easier. :thumbsup:

Ah! well someone's awake! :lol: I didn't spot the date, thanks :lol:

That is the method now since the last major forum software upgrade. Thanks to bifftastic for outlining the new, simplified technique.

George,

I have no problem with following TV forum rules, but could you provide some of the reasoning behind it? Is it some legality with YouTube that requires the embedding?

It's difficult to know what the link is going to without having to actually go to the youtube site to check if it is suitable or not. Embedded, we mods can tell quickly if it is naughty or not. :D

George,

I have no problem with following TV forum rules, but could you provide some of the reasoning behind it? Is it some legality with YouTube that requires the embedding?

It's difficult to know what the link is going to without having to actually go to the youtube site to check if it is suitable or not. Embedded, we mods can tell quickly if it is naughty or not. :D

Thanks Tywais!

seems to work for me.

That is definitely the magic button. TNX's for the heads up.

• 1 month later...

Morning!

I follow your simple instructions, but result is 0

YaX4zboFNMk

What is my mistake?

Thank you.

The original instructions at the top of this topic is no longer valid since the board upgrade. Now use the Insert Media button as explained above and post the "full" URL or link in the popup box. The URL should look like the below and not what you are using above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdDLEMkSxvU

Hello again!

I still have the same problem. Is there any way to post my youtube video? Thanks in advance.

I found a solution. I was so inattentive. I did not notice small detail. Besides using Youtube code I can use the full link and "media" button. Sorry for the inconvenience (and asking in rule topic instead of using "technical" one)

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i am a new member and i can't seem to post any forms of link of embed a video or anything. is it because i am new to the website?

Yes. You will need to get a few more posts (don't know how many) under your belt before you can post links etc.

• 3 weeks later...

i've found the best way to embed youtube vids now is to click the little 'special BB code' button third from the left in the tools above. Then click media and paste a 'non HD' link into the box. When you post it it appears as an embedded vid.

Like this.

• 1 year later...

i've found the best way to embed youtube vids now is to click the little 'special BB code' button third from the left in the tools above. Then click media and paste a 'non HD' link into the box. When you post it it appears as an embedded vid.

Like this.

I just did it that way but it appeared twice in my thread.,

Archived