Golf Event - March

DEREK-C

There was mention on Star Sports that there is an event to be held in Hua Hin at the end of March. Has anybody any information please.

Renowned Thai seaside resort Hua Hin will host a new Asian Tour event next year when the Black Mountain Masters makes its debut, with several European golfers already signed up.

The 500,000 US dollar event will be staged from March 26-29 at the Black Mountain Golf Club with Thai star Thongchai Jaidee spearheading the local challenge.

Swedish stalwart Jesper Parnevik, who has five victories on the USPGA Tour, and European Tour winners Johan Edfors of Sweden and Finland's Mikko Ilonen have also confirmed their participation.

"We are delighted to welcome on board a new and exciting tournament in Thailand on the Asian Tour in 2009," said Asian Tour Executive Chairman Kyi Hla Han.

"Thai players have achieved so much success over the past decade and it is timely that their rise in stature on the Asian Tour is reflected as well with the emergence of new tournaments in the Kingdom."

The tournament will comprise the leading 148 Asian Tour professional players and eight invites.

Source: Yahoo Sport

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i will be heading up for this even, without starting a new topic does anybody have or know some good value accomm close to the course, prefrably somethig no more than 1000 baht a night would be great. there is chance i can get quite a few rooms booked if anybody has anything, otherwise just some reccommendations would be appreciated.

i would also be interested in renting a small house or similar ifor the week f anyone has one to offer. pls pm me if so.

thanks

hi, i will be heading up for this even, without starting a new topic does anybody have or know some good value accomm close to the course, prefrably somethig no more than 1000 baht a night would be great. there is chance i can get quite a few rooms booked if anybody has anything, otherwise just some reccommendations would be appreciated.

i would also be interested in renting a small house or similar ifor the week f anyone has one to offer. pls pm me if so.

thanks

There are million available in town for under 1000 baht you can come into town and find them. The place to be during the tourney would be the Mongol Driving Range and Hua Hin Golf Academy (I think that is their name) on the Pala - U Road out of town on the way to Black Mountain Golf Course. The owners have been connected with Pro golf in Scotland an Thailnd for nearly 20 years and I expect a lot of Pros and others will be there after their rounds to mix and and match. Should be a lot of fun. Enjoy