Need A 90's Size Golf Driver

patsfangr

I'm posting these here, as well as in the "Golf" thread, since there may some Pattaya golfers who don't participate in that thread.

I'm getting back into the game after 12 years away from it. I sold my 1993 Big Bertha driver when I quit. Now, I'd like to get a replacement driver, but I nearly passed out when I saw both the size and the price of what they're selling these days!

I started playing just about the time when the "oversized" heads were coming in, back in the early 80's. I began with one of those "antiques" with a head no bigger than a baseball. When I finally gave in to the "huge" Big Bertha of 1993, it took some time to get used to it. But, seriously, I don't even want to TRY to get used to those wall clock sized things they're putting on the end of shafts these days!

So, bottom line is that I'm looking to buy a driver that goes back to the ORIGINAL Big Bertha size of the early-mid 90's. I think that would be around 300 CC, as they describe them here; versus the 460 CC of these new wall clocks. A 9.5 degree would be my preference; but I'll go a 1/2 degree either way from that. (Doesn't have to be a BB; but I'd want a recognizable brand.) Obviously, I'd hope to find one in at least reasonable condition, despite it's age. Sort of a "soul mate", you could say! :o Also much like me, I wouldn't expect it to be worth much money, at this point. Depending upon condition, I'd say 1000 baht would be tops for such a club.

If anybody in the Pattaya area has such club you'd be willing to sell, please PM me, and we can arrange a meet.

I'm posting these here, as well as in the "Golf" thread, since there may some Pattaya golfers who don't participate in that thread.

I'm getting back into the game after 12 years away from it. I sold my 1993 Big Bertha driver when I quit. Now, I'd like to get a replacement driver, but I nearly passed out when I saw both the size and the price of what they're selling these days!

I started playing just about the time when the "oversized" heads were coming in, back in the early 80's. I began with one of those "antiques" with a head no bigger than a baseball. When I finally gave in to the "huge" Big Bertha of 1993, it took some time to get used to it. But, seriously, I don't even want to TRY to get used to those wall clock sized things they're putting on the end of shafts these days!

So, bottom line is that I'm looking to buy a driver that goes back to the ORIGINAL Big Bertha size of the early-mid 90's. I think that would be around 300 CC, as they describe them here; versus the 460 CC of these new wall clocks. A 9.5 degree would be my preference; but I'll go a 1/2 degree either way from that. (Doesn't have to be a BB; but I'd want a recognizable brand.) Obviously, I'd hope to find one in at least reasonable condition, despite it's age. Sort of a "soul mate", you could say! :o Also much like me, I wouldn't expect it to be worth much money, at this point. Depending upon condition, I'd say 1000 baht would be tops for such a club.

If anybody in the Pattaya area has such club you'd be willing to sell, please PM me, and we can arrange a meet.

Check the second hand shop on second floor opposite home pro in carrefoure pattaya klang.

They have many old golf clubs, look in the back on the right hand corner in the shop,

you cant miss it.