Getting Multiple Entry Visa In Singapore

Hi,

I wanted to apply for a multiple entry visa to Thailand from the Thai Embassy in Singapore but was told that they do not issue multiple entry visas. Just to enquire around is this specific to Singapore only? I've read in Thaivisa.com that it is possible to get multiple entry visa in other thai embassies overseas.

Anyway, if I were to go to the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, is it possible to get the multiple entry visa as well?

I'm not sure what visa categories do I exactly fall into, but I'm a former Thai National (22 years old) and my mum is Thai. I'm now a Singaporean.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi,

I wanted to apply for a multiple entry visa to Thailand from the Thai Embassy in Singapore but was told that they do not issue multiple entry visas. Just to enquire around is this specific to Singapore only? I've read in Thaivisa.com that it is possible to get multiple entry visa in other thai embassies overseas.

Anyway, if I were to go to the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, is it possible to get the multiple entry visa as well?

I'm not sure what visa categories do I exactly fall into, but I'm a former Thai National (22 years old) and my mum is Thai. I'm now a Singaporean.

Singapore stopped issuing multiple entry "O" visas last year. Assumption was that with Singapore passport you could still get one but your report seems to prove that wrong.

Latest reports say KL is the best bet.

Good luck.

Hi,

You don't have to get a multiple entry visa you can get a one year extension of stay since your mother is Thai under clause 2.23 of this police order. police_order_2008.pdf

You will only need to prove she is Thai and you are her child.

After getting the extension you can get a re-entry permit either or single or multiple entry.

Yes. That looks the route to go. Enter Thailand on a single entry visa and apply for the extension.

2.23 In the case of visiting

family or return of a former Thai national or a person whose father or mother is or

once was a Thai:

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1)

Proof of original Thai nationality or of his/her parent being a Thai or once a Thai.

Yes. That looks the route to go. Enter Thailand on a single entry visa and apply for the extension.

family or return of a former Thai national or a person whose father or mother is or

once was a Thai:

Permission will be

granted for a period of

(1)

Proof of original Thai nationality or of his/her parent being a Thai or once a Thai.

I see.. Anyway, if I were to apply for an extension, it means I have to enter and exit Thailand again right, a Visa Run?

once was a Thai:

Permission will be

granted for a period of

(1)

I see.. Anyway, if I were to apply for an extension, it means I have to enter and exit Thailand again right, a Visa Run?

I think you are still in Singapore. Enter Thailand with a Non O Visa and apply at Thai Immigration within the last 30 days for the 12 month extension. Take the documents required and pay the fee of 1,900 Baht. If you qualify you can then stay for 12 months without leaving unless you want to. You will have to do the same next year.

If I were you I would go and have a chat with them as soon as I arrived to see what is required.

once was a Thai:

Permission will be

granted for a period of

(1)

No border runs needed. Just do 90 day reports to immigration.

You could stay the rest of your life if you wanted to without leaving as long you get your new extension every year.

If you want to leave you would get a re-entry permit Single 1000 baht multipe 3800 baht.

once was a Thai:

Permission will be

granted for a period of

(1)

No border runs needed. Just do 90 day reports to immigration.

You could stay the rest of your life if you wanted to without leaving as long you get your new extension every year.

If you want to leave you would get a re-entry permit Single 1000 baht multipe 3800 baht.

Ok thanks all for your replies.