Are Uk Post Office Savings In Danger?

What would be the outcome for savers with their money invested in the UK Post Office if the Irish economy was to go into default. Do many know Post Office savings are owned by Anglo Irish Bank and only come under the protection of the Irish Compensation Scheme. I was a depositor with Icesave, and the collaspe of the bank caused me weeks of misery. I can see the same situation developing here with Post Office savings and Ireland! I would urge anyone with Post Office savings to move their money out as quickly as possible before its too late!

What would be the outcome for savers with their money invested in the UK Post Office if the Irish economy was to go into default. Do many know Post Office savings are owned by Anglo Irish Bank and only come under the protection of the Irish Compensation Scheme. I was a depositor with Icesave, and the collaspe of the bank caused me weeks of misery. I can see the same situation developing here with Post Office savings and Ireland! I would urge anyone with Post Office savings to move their money out as quickly as possible before its too late!

The way things are going I can see more people keeping cash at home

because the interest rates in any case are bugger all :o

to be honest i can see a time when all bank held funds will be in danger of being wiped out.but where are you going to stash big sums of money?