Samui --- Buri Ram

JONTY

you cant really miss out Bangkok unless you want to drive twice the distance.

Take route 4 north from Hua Hin then branch right on route 35 via Samut Songkhram and Samut Sakhon, then left on route 9 which leads north and then merges with route 1 and then just before Saraburi turn onto route 2 to Nakhon Ratchasima and on to Buriram.

Last time I did it, it went like clockwork but I got lost the time before and ended up heading into Bangkok. When this happens I find the easiest thing to do is stop a taxi and get them to lead you to the right road and pay for the fare as if you were a normal passenger.

HL :o

Unfortunately when I last drove up here three weeks ago i had to stop in Hua Hin yeah.

I wasnt going to stop because I had my two german shepherds with me but the water pump bearings died a death and the ford garage in Hua Hin had to order a repacement from Bangkok. The garage took me to a small resort of bungalows that allowed dogs which actually was quite nice although they put the price up to 1200 baht when they saw how big the dogs were. Anyway 6 am ferry and got to HuaHin about 2 ish Then left Hua Hin the next day at 1pm and got home to Ratchasima shortly after 6pm.

Dont count on matching those times though because I dont hang about, and as I said the route went like clockwork apart from the waterpump hiccup.

(Stopped every couple of hours to walk the dogs as well.)

May I suggest if its just a quick nights stopover you want then you may prefer Prachuap Khiri Khan, its a nice town and it is very small and only a short way from the main through road. HuaHin is great but it is very big and will take a lot of time getting into and out of and choosing hotel which is also going to be more expensive. That is where I would go if I was planning a stopver.

safe journey.

When are you coming to Prakhon Chai city ?

Try this, per Google Maps,:-

Driving directions to Prakon Chai, Amphoe Prakhon Chai, Changwat Buri Ram, Thailand

555 km – about 7 hours 54 mins

Hua HinThailand

1. Head south 0.8 km

2. Turn right toward Phet Kasem 0.1 km

3. Turn left toward Phet Kasem 0.2 km

4. Turn right at Phet Kasem 22.9 km

5. Take the ramp onto National Hwy No. 4 7.1 km

6. Continue on Phet Kasem 61.6 km

7. Take the ramp onto Phet Kasem 0.4 km

8. Take the ramp onto 35 82.9 km

9. Continue on Chalerm Maha Nakhon Expy

Toll road 2.1 km

10. Continue on Chaloem Maha Nakhon Expy

Toll road 9.4 km

11. Take the exit onto Chalerm Maha Nakhon Expy

Toll road 4.6 km

12. Continue on Chaloem Maha Nakhon Expy

Toll road 1.6 km

13. Continue on Uttraphimuk Toll Way

Toll road 0.5 km

14. Continue on Si Rat Expressway Urban Network (signs for 31/Lat Phrao)

Toll road 3.0 km

15. Continue on Uttra Phimuk Toll Way

Toll road 25.5 km

16. Continue on Phahon Yothin

Partial toll road 72.2 km

17. Continue on 1 0.4 km

18. Exit onto 1 0.4 km

19. Continue straight onto Mittraphap 102 km

20. Take the exit toward 24 0.2 km

21. Keep left at the fork to continue toward 24 68 m

22. Keep right at the fork to continue toward 24 and merge onto 24 128 km

23. Slight right to stay on 24 28.6 km

24. Turn right 0.2 km

25. Turn left 1.0 km

Prakon ChaiAmphoe Prakhon Chai, Changwat Buri Ram, Thailand

Chaimai have you actually followed those instructions yourself??

Only I dont see on the instructions how you get from route 1 to route 24. What I mean is there is no mention of using route 2 and this is the road that joins 1 and 24.

Not only that, the shortest route is via Korat using route 2 and then route 226 to Buriram, and it is a better road.

But I can see the benefit of using place names rather than route numbers at times.

Jonty. I do this trip about once a month, not quite the same destination as I'm located in a small village between Surin/Buriram. I leave from Chumphon and use the same route as happylarry, takes me around 11 hours with 3 stops on the way. Maybe an extra few hours from your starting point...

Chaimai have you actually followed those instructions yourself??

Only I dont see on the instructions how you get from route 1 to route 24. What I mean is there is no mention of using route 2 and this is the road that joins 1 and 24.

Not only that, the shortest route is via Korat using route 2 and then route 226 to Buriram, and it is a better road.

But I can see the benefit of using place names rather than route numbers at times.

No, I took this from Google Maps because I wanted to see how they circumvented Bangkok. I actually take the 304 and join the 24 at Pakthong Chai - my journey is usually from Swampy or Pattaya.

Happy to learn of any better routes and Highway 2 does have some very pleasant scenery.