Why Can't I After 5 Pm...?

noctambule

Ive been using AsiaNet pre paid internet cards , for the last 6 month's with out any problems, my telephone line is with TT&T , and I am in Sattahip .

on the card are shown Two dial up numbers to use ..

( 1 ) for TT & T telephone lines ..038-726 726

( 2 ) for TOT telephone lines .. 038-257-700

For some un known reason over the last Two weeks ive not been able to connect to AsiaNet after 5.Pm at night , Ive tested the connection at 5 Am and its Ok . Ive contacted the AsiaNet Customer Service center, who say there's no problem at their end

Ive tried both the dial up connection numbers , with the same result No connection after 5 pm.

My friend in Pattaya uses the same AsiaNet pre paid card as my self, and the same dial up telephone numbers, and can connect after 5.pm no problem

When my modem dials up the number ( after 5.pm ) I can hear the dial up tones , then the tone just changes to one continuous tone and the dail up window displays this message...

FAILED TO CONNECT TO REMOTE COMPUTER

If I try to connect at 5 am, I hear the dial up tones , ( no one continuous tone ) and the computer connects ok.

If my friend can connect after 5 pm using the same AsiaNet card and dial up telephone number ..why can't I connect...?

If its some thing to do with my computer .. how can it be any thing to do with the time of day I try to connect ...?

I did think it may be some thing to do with heavy internet traffic overload due to the recent disaster, but surley if this was the case my friend would also have the same log on problems ...?

After leaving my computer on auto re-dail for long periods, and not being able to connect, I decided to ask TT &T if there may be some sort of a problem with their lines ..? .... No not at our end was the answer, just by chance I did say well if my computer does not connect then there's no 3. Bt charge...right, .... No you still have to pay 3.Bt for the telephone connection even if your computer does not connect with the ISP . !!!. , I thought No connection to the ISP then NO 3.Bt telephone line charge ,

After leaving my computer set to auto dial , the 3.Bt's can soon mount up

has any forum members had problems like this, comments and advice most welcome as getting up at 5 am is making me very grumpy !!

THANKS.........................

Same thing happening here every now and then with KSC although it has improved since last year. I always get to connect by alternating between the two available numbers.

Yep, you can blame it on the schoolkids and Ragnarok.

Thank's guy's for the comments, but one thing I still don't understand is ...

My friend in Pattaya uses the same AsiaNet pre paid card as my self, and the same dial up telephone numbers, and can connect after 5.pm no problem

but I cannot ...?

Thanks....

have you tried to connect at 430 in the afternoon and see what happens at 5pm?

if it was not for the fact that your mate can access the modems after 5pm I would have guessed that whoever was looking after the modems was turning off the power/lights when they went home for the night :o:D

Thanks for the Info,

I will Give Pacific Whizz prepaid. a try, ---- but why not pre -paid cards with a 1222 No.

Ive seen lot's of cards with this connection No. ..?

When Ive not been able to connect around 5 pm , ive called my friend in Pattaya and asked him to try and connect using AsiaNet and the same connect number , and he can connect stright away No problem...?

Thanks....

Hi ... Could not find PACIFIC WHIZZ any where in Pattaya , so Ive tried a pre paid from SANOOK with a local 038 dial up number, so far it connected at 5.pm OK,

just thinking about not being able to connect after 5.pm,( with AsiaNet ) can any one tell me if this is possible ..? and if it is how would I set it up..?

.... Leave my computer switched on with my outlook express programme running, then some how set the modem dial up , to dial my ISP at a specific time ( like 5AM in the morning ) connect say for an Hour, when the computer connects it would then send / receive all my e.mails putting them on the outlook express programme to be view later, and the dail up would time out and stop after say an Hour and , leave the computer running..?

I am running Windows 98,

....... Thanks...