Us Tourist Visa, Just A Little Help Please

Hi, I have a from from the US who is in Thailand, he was unaware of the change in the VISA or something(Nov. 2008). He has planned on being in Thailand for 92 day. What should he do to extend his VISA? I believe he is Pattaya.

Thanks for your help, I'm truely clueless... :o

If he is on a tourist visa, 60 days stamp) he can extend the visa with 30 days at immigration. Costs 1900 baht. He can get a further 7 day extension provided he has a ticket out of the country within those 7 days, or just cross the border and leave Thailand and come right. Then he will get another 15 days.

Thanks Mario.. I'll find out for sure as soon as he gets back to me. He keeps saying its 30 day visa. I'll have him hold it up to the cam for me to see. BUt it was issued in the US so it should be 60 days.. thanks again.

If he is on a tourist visa, 60 days stamp) he can extend the visa with 30 days at immigration. Costs 1900 baht. He can get a further 7 day extension provided he has a ticket out of the country within those 7 days, or just cross the border and leave Thailand and come right. Then he will get another 15 days.

How can people set out on a trip overseas, so unprepared

and ignorant of the immigration laws of the country they are visiting???????????????????

Your friend risk arrest, improsonment and deportation if he does not sort out his situation

Edited by somchai69

Hi, I have a from from the US who is in Thailand, he was unaware of the change in the VISA or something(Nov. 2008). He has planned on being in Thailand for 92 day. What should he do to extend his VISA? I believe he is Pattaya.

I think your friend planned on using 30 day visa exempt entries to get his 92 days by getting one upon arrival and doing 2 border runs only to find out that it is only 15 days at the border now. Turning his 2 border runs into 4 or 5.

If that is the case he should make a trip to a nearby consulate and get a single entry tourist visa. That would give a 60 entry so he doesn't doesn't have to make all those border runs.

I think your friend planned on using 30 day visa exempt entries to get his 92 days by getting one upon arrival and doing 2 border runs only to find out that it is only 15 days at the border now. Turning his 2 border runs into 4 or 5.

If that is the case he should make a trip to a nearby consulate and get a single entry tourist visa. That would give a 60 entry so he doesn't doesn't have to make all those border runs.

Yes, he's been to Thialand many times, booked his trip in the begining of Dec? I think, was not aware and was not told about any visa changes. But the only people he talked to in Payatta were those little places that you have to pay money for, he didn't know where or what to do since they scared the crap out of him about being arrested and such. He plans on going to Bangkok to find out for sure.

Right, he had made plans for the border run to Cambodia.

Thanks everyone

Thanks Mario.. I'll find out for sure as soon as he gets back to me. He keeps saying its 30 day visa. I'll have him hold it up to the cam for me to see. BUt it was issued in the US so it should be 60 days.. thanks again.

More important then the visa is his permission to stay stamp he got when he entered.

TH

More important then the visa is his permission to stay stamp he got when he entered.

TH

talked to him today, he's ill, so has not gone anywhere. But the stamp is 30 day. should he go to the Immigration in Pattaya or Bangkok? apply for what? 2 entries? that will entitle him to what? sorry for being such a blond...

A 30 day stamp can only be extended for 7 days at immigration (1900 baht) and he must show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days.

His only options are to do a border run and get 15 days upon entry or fly out and back and get 30 days.

Or leave the country and go to a consulate and get a tourist visa.

If he goes over the 30 days without doing something he will be on overstay and he will pay a 500 baht fine for each day