Pratunam Area: Accommodations Suggestions

kalasin

Again-again... :o

We are staying two or three days in the Pratunam area, where the wife will shop 24/7 and I will probably sit on the 5th floor in the food center grabbing a cold one. :D

We hate to use more than 1.500 baht pr. night for a room in Bangkok.

We can of course find those hotel on the big hotel-search-sites, but many have really bad reviews. :D

The room must be clean and contain aircon, bathroom, tv and fridge. Breakfast doesn't really matter.

It must also be in a short walking distance from the shopping areas (guess who will be carrying the bags?). :D

So do any have suggestions in the price range 500-1.500 baht. If you have, a link would be appreciated.

Map:

post-10063-1234692225_thumb.png

We are staying two or three days in the Pratunam area, where the wife will shop 24/7 and I will probably sit on the 5th floor in the food center grabbing a cold one. :D

We can of course find those hotel on the big hotel-search-sites, but many have really bad reviews. :D

The room must be clean and contain aircon, bathroom, tv and fridge. Breakfast doesn't really matter.

It must also be in a short walking distance from the shopping areas (guess who will be carrying the bags?). :D

So do any have suggestions in the price range 500-1.500 baht. If you have, a link would be appreciated.

Map:

Baiyoke Suite (NOT SKY). Good hotel with market on the 'door step'.Good, clean and nice breakfast on the rooftop restaurant.

Dave

Map:

Baiyoke Suite (NOT SKY). Good hotel with market on the 'door step'.Good, clean and nice breakfast on the rooftop restaurant.

Dave

Agree, stayed there not a bad hotel for that price range and in the middle of the market. Rooms a bit old but ok and breakfast is good

Several years ago during a short trip to Thailand I stayed at the Bangkok City Hotel, which is right across the street from Central. It is (or should I say was) a modest, but very satisfactory hotel...and I am a bit picky. The only downside was a bit of mustiness smell, but otherwise clean and pleasant. Keep in mind, that was about 5 years ago.

We always stay at the golden inn 700 baht a night,no breakfast as no resturant.Large basic rooms with aircon,clean,we never had problem.

Over footbridge opposite Indra regent,walk 1minute down soi with 7 eleven on corner,golden inn sign posted on right.

Thanks for the answers so far.

When I google Golden Inn, Silom Golden Inn pops up - the first ever hotel I stayed at in Bangkok.:o

But even though it pops up, I know for a fact, that the building was demolish many yaers ago.

Baiyoke Suite looks fine, but I don't want to rule the others out now.

Can any body provide links to the two mentioned places: Golden Inn and Bangkok City Hotel?

PR Place on Ratchaprarop Rd. rents some rooms nightly and they are decent. Easy to get around from there to most places. just hop on a bus headed towards Central World to get the Skytrain, takes 2 minutes. or walk to the Saen Saep canal boats. only drawback is they won't have breakfast, but the rooms have kitchens.

Map:

I have very good experiences with the Bangkok City Suite which is on Phetburi soi 1. I realize this it does not fall within the circle you drew on your map, but I thought I'd still let you know. In case you do not find anything in that area, this is a viable alternative.

http://www.bangkoksuite.com/

Their doubles go for 900 (breakfast included) and this is a very nice, clean 3-star hotel with friendly staff, decent breakfast and decent room service menu.

Downsides, nothing in the immediate vicinity, MBK is 20 min. walk or 5 min. M/C taxi, closest BTS is Ratchatewi, same 20 min. walk or 5 min. M/C taxi.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Arno.

PR Place on Ratchaprarop Rd. rents some rooms nightly and they are decent.

But a terrible location, very noisy and dusty due to construction works nearby.

PR Place just went through all the rooms and installed double paned glass so noise is no longer a problem. And there is no contruction nearby now other than the airport link which is a block away. It is a very central location for getting anywhere in BKK.

Thanks again.

We stayed in Bangkok City Suite some years ago. Everything is what we expect, but too fare away.

PR Place could be an option. Thanks.

Check it out yourself before making a booking. The area is very ugly, polluted and trashy and not easy to walk. There is also no BTS/MRT nearby, you will depend on taxis.

If you are so much into shopping, it is more advisable to stay in the Siam Sq. area, near BTS/MBK and major shopping centers. Soi Kasemsan 1 has decent hotels and GH in the 500-1500 range, much more pleasant than Pratunam.

Thanks again.

We stayed in Bangkok City Suite some years ago. Everything is what we expect, but too fare away.

Check it out yourself before making a booking. The area is very ugly, polluted and trashy and not easy to walk. There is also no BTS/MRT nearby, you will depend on taxis.

If you are so much into shopping, it is more advisable to stay in the Siam Sq. area, near BTS/MBK and major shopping centers. Soi Kasemsan 1 has decent hotels and GH in the 500-1500 range, much more pleasant than Pratunam.

Thanks for the warning!

The shopping area is predefined by my wife: Pratunam Area - especialy Platinum Complex. And she is a absolutly-no-more-than-500-m-for-walking person. And since I want to avoid any needs for transportation (eg. taxi, skytrain, tuk-tuk etc.) (not because of money, butbecause of easiness(?)) it should be in that range of meters.

Is PR Place surroundings really that bad?!

Thanks again.

PR Place is only a 5 minute walk to the area the OP has outlined in their map.

Someone has already suggested baiyoke suite which is basically the same area.

EDIT: if you really want to be as close to platinum as possible check out first house hotel

the other options would be nicer but slightly further away

Edited by cloudbusting

• 2 weeks later...

P R Place is very unfriendly,if you see the miserable receptionist smile,you win a prize,difficult to get your deposit back,old style aircon units,very expensive to run,lift often broken down.Rooms at the front of the building very noisy.Cannot complain to the owner,as the receptionist refuses to give details.Customer service zero.I would not send anyone to stay here.

P R Place is very unfriendly,if you see the miserable receptionist smile,you win a prize,difficult to get your deposit back,old style aircon units,very expensive to run,lift often broken down.Rooms at the front of the building very noisy.Cannot complain to the owner,as the receptionist refuses to give details.Customer service zero.I would not send anyone to stay here.

i stayed there quite a while ago and the only thing i could agree with you was the noise

got my deposit back fine too