Any Thaivisa Members In That Phanom Area?

ricklee

I am an American with a Thai wife and we recently moved to Renu Nakhon. I would like to meet some fellow farang. I see a few people out and about but haven't met anyone yet. If you're here let's get together for a beer or something. I'm quite a fun guy. Really, I am. :o

I am an American with a Thai wife and we recently moved to Renu Nakhon. I would like to meet some fellow farang. I see a few people out and about but haven't met anyone yet. If you're here let's get together for a beer or something. I'm quite a fun guy. Really, I am. :o

Call me Edit:Send PM Marty and Apantree living in Renu

I've lived here a few months, and I love it, but I'm pretty much on my own for a lot of the time. I have a great relationship, so I'm not looking for a woman. And as I'm not too keen on sinking more than a couple of beers, the two prime Thai leisure pursuits (getting hammered and screwed) are closed to me!

I'd really appreciate a bit of company, is all. Cards, chess, guitar, talk, newspapers, the occasional steak, books ... and a couple of beers.

Not into whining about Thailand, either.

Get in touch, if you're reasonably close by!

I've lived here a few months, and I love it, but I'm pretty much on my own for a lot of the time. I have a great relationship, so I'm not looking for a woman. And as I'm not too keen on sinking more than a couple of beers, the two prime Thai leisure pursuits (getting hammered and screwed) are closed to me!

I'd really appreciate a bit of company, is all. Cards, chess, guitar, talk, newspapers, the occasional steak, books ... and a couple of beers.

Not into whining about Thailand, either.

Get in touch, if you're reasonably close by!

TO WHERE??? & :o btw

Edited by Dave the Dude

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I find That Phanom to be on the Mekong River, approx. half way between Mukdahan and Nakhon Phanom, with Sakhon Nakhon further west, so these cities/areas will be within " most reasonable" distance to find farang company. :o

I live 110 km south of Ubon city, but venture into Ubon now and then, to meet up with other farangs. When I do so, I usually stay the night.

If you want to go that "far south" some day, the Ubon Hashers, have a "run" the first Saturday in every month, with a special "night crawl" on Monday 23/2.

Visit www.ubonhash.com for more info.

Btw. Welcome to TV - and good luck with your search :D

Mr Conrad gets the Mystery Prize for spotting the clue to my whereabouts cunningly hidden in the title to my post. Dave The Dude - I'm taking your advice and never arguing with you!

I was hoping that somebody who lived closer than half a day's drive away might respond? If I lived somewhere that boasted more than one tuk-tuk load of farang, like Ubon, I probably wouldn't be making this post! I guess what I'm looking for is the occasional company of people who moved to the edge of civilisation to avoid company.

Enough of this timewasting - I have to get this bucket of eels to market.

Hello Ricklee, we live in Na Kae a few kms from Renu. I am here until March 15th then Heading back to Canada to sell my house there and clear up a few things before returning back here. Let me know if you would like to get together for a beer. We go to Renu quite offen, we have some rubber trees there, and the wifes Uncles and Aunts live there as well.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rick it was nice meeting you today.Rick there is a small expat community usually meets in That Phanom on Fridays

in the Kitty bar next to the seven eleven this sounds like the place you were talking about today.

Doug