Looking For A Russian/english Translator

Devil

Hi, does any one know if there are any freelance or companies that offer Russian / English speaking guides or assistants on Koh Samui? And any idea of daily rates?

Basically a friend needs someone to help him translate with some friends coming over from Moscow next week for 1 week from 22nd Feb. Unfortunately one of the group that is a close friend who speaks English and was originally coming over with the group had to cancel.

Thanks for help...

Hi, does any one know if there are any freelance or companies that offer Russian / English speaking guides or assistants on Koh Samui? And any idea of daily rates?

Basically a friend needs someone to help him translate with some friends coming over from Moscow next week for 1 week from 22nd Feb. Unfortunately one of the group that is a close friend who speaks English and was originally coming over with the group had to cancel.

Thanks for help...

So far not found to much using Google... only liz-luxen.com pops up for Samui but seems pricey for daily rates 8,000 baht! If I have read it correctly.

Edited by Devil

How about a Chinese who speaks fluent Russian, Thai and English for 5,000 per day but does not include travel /hotel costs

Hi, thank you for the suggestion... I think they are looking for someone based on Samui as it makes the whole thing easier when site seeing etc.

Why dont you try the Cafe Mango ( next to Tops Supermarket )

that is where all the russians hang out, and i am sure one of them will be able to assist for alot less then 5000 THB

Thanks

Yes I know the one, might be worth a try. cheers.

My good friend here in Bangkok is American and married to a respectable Russian girl, who does translation both written and verbal. I know her very well. She is fluent in English (Russian as well of course)

Contact her, in the first instance She will be able to help you

Would that be for someone based on Koh Samui? As they need someone based on Samui for logistics and ease.

Thank you anyway...

My good friend here in Bangkok is American and married to a respectable Russian girl, who does translation both written and verbal. I know her very well. She is fluent in English (Russian as well of course)

Contact her, in the first instance She will be able to help you

Would that be for someone based on Koh Samui? As they need someone based on Samui for logistics and ease.

Thank you anyway...

I think even if she did travel it would be VERY expensive

Try the Mango Cafe first and take it from there

Cheers

Nip into the Jolly Roger dive school in Bangrak. The guys in there all speak pretty good English and are a very friendly helpful group. Im sure they will help out if they can. If they can't the Im sure they will point you to someone who can :o:D

We have the translator already, thanks all

Guess the thread can be closed now?