Flower Seed Shops In Bangkok?

dblaisde

I'm looking for flower seed packets or seeds sold in bulk. This is an errand for my friend in Sihanoukville, who's opening a restaurant and wants some climbing flowering plants, like morning glories, for decoration. Perhaps someone here can suggest other hardy local flowers to fit the bill. Also, I wonder if the Latin name of the flower is on the packet, since I don't read Thai! Someone told me there's a seed market across from the Weekend Market, but I thought I'd get a second opinion here. --cheers, doug :o

PS. Sorry, I double posted this, once in the Bangkok forum and once here. Both seemed appropriate, but it may not be cool.

Hello dblaisde, look and see if they have what you want or order from home and have shipped.

rice555

AFM Flower Seed Co., Ltd.

P.O. Box 41 CMU,

Chiangmai 50202

Thailand

399 Chiangmai-Maejo Rd.

Nonghan, Sansai,

Chiangmai 50290

Thailand

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: +66 53 353810

Fax: +66 53 379267

Web site: www.afmgroup.com

AFM Flower Seed is the leading importer and distributor of flower seeds in Thailand. We sell direct to the end users of seeds, mostly by mail order. At our nursery near Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand, we produce plugs and pot plants which are produced on order, or produced for retail at markets and hypermarkets throughout the country.

Hi, I've grown morning glory plants for a few years here in Phetchabon, using seeds from the UK.

You'll probably find it's too late to sow them now, best done in October/ November in my experience.

With most morning glory seeds it's best to soak them in water for 24 hours before planting the seed.

Good luck with your quest.