• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would this be considered non-PC or racist, after all he's not black :-

post-14979-1234784779_thumb.jpg

"Dutch Boy" Philippines paint company (doesn't look the sharpest tool in the box does he?).

You have offended my Dutch nature. I demand a ban on pictures like this. I cant stand it. :o

A sad loss was the golliwog biscuit, and changing the name of the Australian "black-boy" to "grass-tree" must've taken months to come up with. Fortunately (not through lack of trying) you can still grab a bottle of pickled onions scoff down with your COON cheese in OZ. You can even crunch them down with a packet of salt'n'vinegar SAMBOY chips. :o

Edited by jingjoe

A sad loss was the golliwog biscuit, and changing the name of the Australian "black-boy" to "grass-tree" must've taken months to come up with. Fortunately (not through lack of trying) you can still grab a bottle of pickled onions scoff down with your COON cheese in OZ. You can even crunch them down with a packet of salt'n'vinegar SAMBOY chips. :o

Don't you worry,we bin fightin dat one brudder.And when we win,we be richer then Coon cheese...... :D

I think he's having you on,mate. :o

Possibly, but I see no smilie (how DO you spell that?) :D

Would this be considered non-PC or racist:-

"Dutch Boy" Philippines paint company (doesn't look the sharpest tool in the box does he?).

Geez mate,thats just plain racist!!Lol :D

I think the problem is that Dutch looks gay. :D

in the usa, black people were slaves. in thailand, most of the menial workers are dark skinned. so i guess that is the marketing angle of the product, which is not to say that its Ok in my book, but just to let you know where they are coming from. i think if you are dark skinned or african at some point you just have to accept that your appearence is considered undesirale and move on with your life. you cant get mad at every little thing like this.

I am sure this must of comed up before, but i am fairly new to this. So i just have to ask what you guys think of this "Black Man" toliet brush , mops, etc etc????? What is that about? i am not black but still offended by this, ay more racist comments about thais, pls feel free to post>

Thanks

(It actually has a picture of a black "slave" looking man holding a duster etc) WOW :o

Darlie toothpaste used to show a black man with shiny white teeth.

Until the PC brigade got stuck into them. By the way, it used to be called 'Darkie'.

E: I see that someone has also mentioned that and the fact that it is now owned by Colgate. It has the same active ingredient, and to the same ratio, as the standard Colgate toothpaste (0.76% sodium monofluorophosphate).

Edited by Ping

I am sure this must of comed up before, but i am fairly new to this. So i just have to ask what you guys think of this "Black Man" toliet brush , mops, etc etc????? What is that about? i am not black but still offended by this, ay more racist comments about thais, pls feel free to post>

Thanks

(It actually has a picture of a black "slave" looking man holding a duster etc) WOW :o

Some people come here because its not so PC as the west.

Bingo. If the West we are not allowed to make fun of people for being fat or disabled or old or black or a minority. That is whats great about Thailand. Also, in the West girls have financial options and are less prone to prostituting themselves!

Lord luv a duck! Coon cheese is under attack, again

Read all about it

It took me 10 minutes to find Free Patents Online and this historical patent; United States Patent US1579196, application filed 27 February 1926, serial number 91,262. PDF image of 2-page original published document.

This patent was taken out by Edward William Coon, a citizen of the United States, of 29 South Water Street, Philadelphia in the County of Philadelphia and State of Pennsylvania, who states he has invented certain new and useful improvements in the process of ripening cheese.

Fulton History displays an image of a newspaper page in August 1923 which has an article reporting that E.W. Coon, maker and shipper of cheese of Philadelphia, had sold five of his numerous milk plants to the Dairymen's League Co-operative Association Inc.

In 1920 Coon was reported as advising other cheese makers to export their mature cheese product as there was high overseas demand.

Hope that I Khunvinced you now :o

Kan Win :D

Thanks

exactly; I'm one of them: no PC bullshit is what I love about this country

to the PC's: get over yourself!

I think he's having you on,mate. :D

I think the problem is that Dutch looks gay. :wai:

Better give him one of these then :D

post-3770-1234790530_thumb.jpg

Kan Win :o

Thanks

(It actually has a picture of a black "slave" looking man holding a duster etc) WOW :D

Bingo. If the West we are not allowed to make fun of people for being fat or disabled or old or black or a minority. That is whats great about Thailand. Also, in the West girls have financial options and are less prone to prostituting themselves!

Uh,i'd probably give making fun of disabled people a miss,it's one thing to be a minority,or black or even old,but handicapped people deserve all the protection they can get.I don't understand the statement in red,how does that relate to racism? :o

Possibly, but I see no smilie (how DO you spell that?) :P

I think the problem is that Dutch looks gay. :jerk:

Better give him one of these then :wai:

Ooooh,you're asking for it....We have gay mods remember.... :o:D

This thread has turned NASTY. At first, I was just going to mop my floor with one of those mighty fine Black Man cleaning products. Now I need a good long hot shower to clean off the filth. I am sure Thai people would be thrilled at the number of farangs attracted by the racism (and other ignorant hatred targets) positive culture here.

post-37101-1234791347_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

it has come up here time and time again, what burns me is the 200 baht cover charge to bring a these "cleaning supplies" into gullivers

hmmm so vote with your feet and don't go to Gullivers.

If a company has problems with groups of people and takes action then good on them!

perhaps you are immune to humour, perhaps just thick. would a smilie have helped?

Not realy , JD is just a little too PC for most people to swallow , sense of humour ? Well , often debatable , a good poster in his own right none the less . Live with each individual as they come . :o:D

This thread has turned NASTY. At first, I was just going to mop my floor with one of those mighty fine Black Man cleaning products. Now I need a good long hot shower to clean off the filth. I am sure Thai people would be thrilled at the number of farangs attracted by the racism (and other ignorant hatred targets) positive culture here.

I tell you now,i DON'T care what colour a persons skin is,i DON'T care what their sexuality is,i only care about how they treat myself and my family.I was married to a Chinese lady,now a Thai lady and my friends span the globe,coming in every different shape,size,colour and nationality.I will laugh just as hard at a white Aussie joke,as much as an Aboriginal joke. :o

Thank you "tritexengineering", :wai: butt the topic at hand is ""Black Man" Toilet Cleaner, Mops, Dusters Etc Etc" and the etc part is what I have posted, products that are sold like Cheese and Walls "I-Scream" :D

Now lets get back to the topic please :D

Thank you "tritexengineering", :jerk: butt the topic at hand is ""Black Man" Toilet Cleaner, Mops, Dusters Etc Etc" and the etc part is what I have posted, products that are sold like Cheese and Walls "I-Scream" :D

Now lets get back to the topic please :wai:

Kan Win :P

:D:D

Well,i have read his(Her?) other posts,and they tend to side on humour,rather then serious,however,i suspect this person is not from an English speaking background,and as such,has not fully grasped the notion that to be taken lightly needs at least a smiley... :D

i find smilies offensive. it infers the reader does not have the intelligence to interpret the post on their own. either righrt or wrong.

Well,i have read his(Her?) other posts,and they tend to side on humour,rather then serious,however,i suspect this person is not from an English speaking background,and as such,has not fully grasped the notion that to be taken lightly needs at least a smiley... :D

i find smilies offensive. it infers the reader does not have the intelligence to interpret the post on their own. either righrt or wrong.

But "Dry" humour is very hard to pick on a forum,thus the need for a smiley to indicate a level of seriousness or humour. :D

I think the problem is that Dutch looks gay. :wai:

Better give him one of these then :D

Kan Win :o

it is covered in nuts. seems appropriate to me.

you could hurt yourself falling off that high horse in the shower

That's what KY is for ...

But "Dry" humour is very hard to pick on a forum,thus the need for a smiley to indicate a level of seriousness or humour. :D

but isnt the point of dry humour that it is more difficult to detect?

DISGUSTING!

This is so racist!

So shove your head a little deeper where the sun does not shine , people like you are most of the problem in todays strife torn world , tolerance and acceptance goes a long , long way , love of the other human conquers many ailments prevalent today . This racism problem works two ways , if you think I am racist , you have a problem unless YOU take the trouble to discover , i AM ON YOUR SIDE , go it alone if you must with your distorted aspect of life , sticks and stones will break my bones , but NAMES will never hurt me , unless I as an individual alow that to happen . :o

That's what KY is for ...

nice!