Anyone else holding Bank of America seen an email outlined as below :o , not sure if spam or not. Also nothing noted in the financials that I can find. I am assuming it is spam, as scottrade has no alerts when you login. However today is a holiday in the states, and I have seen no mention of this anywhere.

RE: stock symbol BAC

The above listed stock is part of a non-mandatory reorganization or tender offer, which requires your timely attention. For details regarding this offer, contact your local branch office. Please note that failure to advise Scottrade of your intent may result in no action being taken, and we cannot be held responsible for any resulting loss.

If you decide to participate in this offer, you will need to inform your local Scottrade branch office no later than 10 a.m. ET on the expiration date, and a $25 fee will be charged to your account.

These shares must then remain in your account until the reorg/tender takes place (be advised that the expiration due date for such actions is often extended). Please contact us if you have any questions.

Anyone else holding Bank of America seen an email outlined as below :o , not sure if spam or not. Also nothing noted in the financials that I can find. I am assuming it is spam, as scottrade has no alerts when you login. However today is a holiday in the states, and I have seen no mention of this anywhere.

RE: stock symbol BAC

The above listed stock is part of a non-mandatory reorganization or tender offer, which requires your timely attention. For details regarding this offer, contact your local branch office. Please note that failure to advise Scottrade of your intent may result in no action being taken, and we cannot be held responsible for any resulting loss.

If you decide to participate in this offer, you will need to inform your local Scottrade branch office no later than 10 a.m. ET on the expiration date, and a $25 fee will be charged to your account.

These shares must then remain in your account until the reorg/tender takes place (be advised that the expiration due date for such actions is often extended). Please contact us if you have any questions.

Is it dated as to when the Tender Offer was made? Might it be related to the Merrill acquisition?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/sec?s=BAC

No Virus, Talk to Scottrade today. They have advised that someoen has submitted a very large buy offer which they are attemtping to sell, the uy price as he advised is weigthed by the avg on wed. The guy at scottrade went on, and on. In the end, not worth it. However you are right, will be gettting out of this stock as have already taken a few lumps to say the least...