Mp3's, Playlists, Syncing And Windows Media Player

sbk

OK, I have a ton of MP3s (who doesn't these days?) and have been lazy using WMP on Vista. Well, it seems to add the same song to the library twice on more than one occasion. And these are definitely duplicates of the same song.

I am looking for either a plug-in or a player that 1. creates playlists 2. can sync with my sandisk MP3 player 3. removes duplicates from the library.

I am not up for searching my entire library to remove duplicates

Or, alternatively, a solution to fixing this problem in WMP.

Have a look at features here. It's way ahead of anything else in terms of practical usage. Personally I like the fact that it doesn't muck about with your ID3 tags (like i-Tunes), easily converts FLAC to MP3 using LAME (and pretty much converts any other formats), easy to rip from CD to MP3 using latest LAME codec (just overwrite the LAME DLL file in the MediaMonkey directory with the latest version - incidentally, I wouldn't use anything but EAC to rip to FLAC, but for MP3 MediaMonkey is fine), autotags from web (so you can repair all those crappy ID3 tags you might have), can easily sync auto-tagged files in the library with actual files. I could go on... Just download the free version and overwrite the LAME DLL as described above - this will effectively (completely legally) give you the paid-for version. You can download the latest version of LAME from here

Indoodle:

Automatically identify tracks that are missing information, whose tags are not synchronized, or that are duplicated elsewhere.

Fix Tags with Automatic Lookup and Tagging of album art and other track information from Amazon.

Lookup CD information on Freedb or via CD-TEXT, and find missing track details through music-related sites such as Allmusic.

If you have a large music collection, MediaMonkey will help you update your tags quickly and accurately.

OK, thanks, have downloaded media monkey and am giving it a shot. I do like the organization of the files alot better and it seems to be far more feature rich than good old WMP. Thanks :o

Haven't tried syncing it with my sandisk yet, but read a few reviews by people who had, so I don't expect any trouble in that direction.

(maybe I should take that last sentence back, don't want to jinx myself!)