Gold ... Safe-haven Or Ultimate Bear-trap

]

Don't know what Harmonica is up to but I've held "position" , "swing" and daytrades all in the same vehicle, in the same direction simultaneously. It's not unusual at all.

It doesn't matter what you're trading,placing 3 positions in the same direction no matter for how long is pointless and just bad trading strategy.Can you not understand that if you call it wrong you are just multiplying your losses,surely that's obvious isn't it?

You must be trading in very small amounts or you would be sustaining huge losses with a strategy like that,you do understand margins and margin calls I take it?

What sort of leverage are you using?

No it's not. Sure I understand you could lose more if you're wrong. That's why it doesn't happen often. Many things need to synch up to put on that trade. You don't use stop losses? I do.

I understand margin very well, that's why in 15 years I've never had a margin call. You're a broker you say? C'mon, really?

Hmm,bit of a contradiction going on here and you're questioning if I'm a broker? :)

I use stop losses when I go home at night,should I leave a position open,which is very rarely.

So, you're a daytrader, which means you're not a swing or position trader and certainly not all three. Some people are.

No contradiction. Charts of different time intervals need to be in synch to put on more than one type of trade in the same direction. The advantage of being in your daytrade may end in hours, but it doesn't mean you want to lose your position. Ya follow?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're a daytrader, which means you're not a swing or position trader and certainly not all three. Some people are.

No contradiction. Charts of different time intervals need to be in synch to put on more than one type of trade in the same direction. The advantage of being in your daytrade may end in hours, but it doesn't mean you want to lose your position. Ya follow?

Do you know what options are?Would you like me to explain the full Greeks to you?(Deltas,Gammas,Thetas,Vegas and Rho)

Do you know what options are?Would you like me to explain the full Greeks to you?(Deltas,Gammas,Thetas,Vegas and Rho)

yes, please explain us and maybe you can make a nice call for an option trade and how to manage it, can you?

Timinchina,

so you are a broker since 10 years but dont know order types and their properties? How many murder attempts from your clients did you survive so far? :D

I trade futures and options in currencies and crude oil,sometimes gold and silver and don't know anyone that uses conditional orders to trade,it's just for amateurs as I said.When a client gives me money if he tries to tell me how to trade the account,he is no longer a client!

Doesn't change the other poor trading advice being given out on here though,does it?

when a client gives money to a broker without any guidelines he is in my [not so] humble opinion a dummy :D come to think of it... even if he adds some guidelines instead of clear instructions on top of the money he gives to a broker i consider the client a dummy :)

:) One imagines your TV page open in one window and Wikipedia open in the other. :D

:D One imagines your TV page open in one window and Wikipedia open in the other. :D

It's pretty much a moot point anyway,call them swings,daytrades or whatever you like,it's patently obvious your "friend",if you're not the same poster,WAS placing 3 identical trades,all sells in the same direction.You're hardly going to fool a seasoned forex broker into thinking otherwise now are you,even though you seem to be trying your level best! :)

Why not take it from a professional trader,these are very basic trading errors,we have them pinned up on the training section noticeboard of our trading floor for our new starters!

You claim to have been trading for 15 years yet you don't know this,I find this very hard to believe!

Maybe you should use Wikipedia more yourself and you may be able to spell trading strategies that you claim are impossible to utilise more readily! :D

Unfortunately my friend,it's not going to teach you to trade the Foreign Exchange!

As I stated before,put enough investment clowns like you together and you'll have a money-losing circus...you could probably qualify as the ringmaster! :D

:D One imagines your TV page open in one window and Wikipedia open in the other. :D

It's pretty much a moot point anyway,call them swings,daytrades or whatever you like,it's patently obvious your "friend",if you're not the same poster,WAS placing 3 identical trades,all sells in the same direction.You're hardly going to fool a seasoned forex broker into thinking otherwise now are you,even though you seem to be trying your level best! :)

Why not take it from a professional trader,these are very basic trading errors,we have them pinned up on the training section noticeboard of our trading floor for our new starters!

You claim to have been trading for 15 years yet you don't know this,I find this very hard to believe!

Maybe you should use Wikipedia more yourself and you may be able to spell trading strategies that you claim are impossible to utilise more readily! :D

Unfortunately my friend,it's not going to teach you to trade the Foreign Exchange!

As I stated before,put enough investment clowns like you together and you'll have a money-losing circus...you could probably qualify as the ringmaster! :D

It's true I don't know much about scalping pips or whatever it is you Forex traders do, but I can read a chart.

OK, lets say the 4 1/2 year business Cycle has just bottomed. You take 5 large S&P perhaps as a core position. You expect the first 15 weeks of the 20 week Cycle to be up so you take 10 ES long and add another 10 when you clear the 20 day ema. At thye same time you took the swing trade you take 10 ES long for a ST trade because you expect the first 2 1/2 week cycle to retrace 61.8%. Why would you hold the ST position for that down leg? Why would you sell the core position or swing position for that downleg?

I don't know any Forex traders personally but you certainlyfit the picture I have in my minds eye. Anyhow, I wish you well. Next!

Terminology; one mans 'short entry' is another mans 'stop short'. Semantics really.

Instead of bickering over terms, why not offer some views on the short term price fluctuations of the underlying - FX, CL, AU, AG etc. A more constructive and factual basis to bicker perhaps? :)