Snake In The Toilet

Daffy D

Yep, that DOES make one think! In Portland Oregon they have a problem down by the river with rats getting into the sewer lines and then popping up in someone's bathroom. In Phuket, we stayed at a guest house with a note to keep the lid down so the rats didn't pay a visit. Now if the rats and snakes could just meet somewhere outside.......

Yep, that DOES make one think! In Portland Oregon they have a problem down by the river with rats getting into the sewer lines and then popping up in someone's bathroom. In Phuket, we stayed at a guest house with a note to keep the lid down so the rats didn't pay a visit. Now if the rats and snakes could just meet somewhere outside.......

I remember in one of my former lives when I worked in Sudan, the downstairs toilet had rats coming up through it in the night.

Same advice keep the lid down, but these rats were were not that easily deterred they would chew through the plastic lid. We had to get the workshop to make a steel lid. :o

Had an irrational fear of this when I was a kid, for some unknown reason - this was in northern England.(??)

This has brought it all back AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!

Cunning plan, get the missus to go before me, "to warm the seat up". :o

Imagine my disappointment to find this was not the announcement of a sequel to that outstanding movie classic "Snakes in a Plane" :o

Haha,

Look at pic three... It appears to be a hooded snake, a cobra at a guess.

If you open the pic and magnify it you can see it looking at the camera.

Forget the hammer, I'd get a grenade!

Imagine my disappointment to find this was not the announcement of a sequel to that outstanding movie classic "Snakes in a Plane" :o

Haha,

Look at pic three... It appears to be a hooded snake, a cobra at a guess.

If you open the pic and magnify it you can see it looking at the camera.

Forget the hammer, I'd get a grenade!

Seriously, I can't handle snakes; I wouldn't even be in the house anymore.

Had an irrational fear of this when I was a kid, for some unknown reason - this was in northern England.(??)

This has brought it all back AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!

Cunning plan, get the missus to go before me, "to warm the seat up". :D

It'n not irrational if people told you about the toilet monster. Had a cousin who scared the living daylights out of his younger sisters that way. They would ***never*** go to the toilet at night! :o

Have always had stuck in my memory something i saw on a TV prog about people's encounters with snakes. This poor chap had sat himself down on the throne only to have a snake snap its jaw closed on his crown jewels! Ouch!!!

There was a well publicised case in Singapore, for the fact that the snake did grip his cojones AND that he was in the female toilet..I think he's still in Changi.

Small world I am from Portland, OR and live in Phuket....

I have never seen a rat or heard of any rats in my friends toleits...

I can't imagine going to take a crap and seeing a snake or rat or any other animal for that matter in the toilet....

• 3 weeks later...
Have always had stuck in my memory something i saw on a TV prog about people's encounters with snakes. This poor chap had sat himself down on the throne only to have a snake snap its jaw closed on his crown jewels! Ouch!!!

There was a well publicised case in Singapore, for the fact that the snake did grip his cojones AND that he was in the female toilet..I think he's still in Changi.

Maybe this one?

http://sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/319126

the comments are amusing as well

:o

I had a pet python in Dubai. She was very shy and reclusive - quite the charmer and affectionate too once she got to know you.

She escaped one day in my apartment (4BR shared) and "vanished" in my bathroom.

She was gone 5 days - and yes - same same but different, my Filipino, Indonesian and South African colleagues were waiting for me ambush style at the door with the shocking news. They were shell-shocked.

Richard had gone for a relaxing dump, newspaper in hand in his own toilet down the hall, and my baby was in the s-bend.

He freaked out.

I had to grab her, but her head and tail were down inside.

She wasn't going anywhere.

I grabbed her, but she couldn't she who I was so she freaked out and gripped on.

Stalemate.

then - flash of brilliance - I hauled on her a bit, then relaxed and let go - then flushed the toilet and yanked her out. 3 goes later it was all good and the only damage done was to her (and Richard's) dignity.

I wouldn't have the balls to do it with a cobra though.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1049399/

have a look at a snake "fail"

I grabbed her, but she couldn't she who I was so she freaked out and gripped on.

Snakes can distinguish different people from sight? Not disputing it, just a bit surprised.

actually I am not sure.

But she was very used to being handled, and quite an affectionate pet, and her reactions was an instant "<deleted>" followed by flex and struggle, so I am assuming that it was shock, or not seeing who it was that caused the freakout.

Bloody strong too.

A snake (python) is almost all very strong muscle wrapped around a very strong and flexible skeleton.

My "snake" is in the toilet every time I sit on the john. That is why I like Thailand. The water is much warmer. It's a bummer when it's time to flush, though. I gotta stand up to do that. :o:D:D