Renewing My Retirement Visa And Multible Re-entry Permit

I am going to renew my Retirement Visa next Week, just would like to know, if I have all Paperwork done :

1. a Letter from my Bank at the same Day of Application, that there are 800 k Baht on my Bankaccount

2. Copies of my recent Bankbook - or do I need to show all last 2 Years Transactions?

my recent Bankbook dates back to September 2008 ....

3. Copies of my Passport, including the recent Visa and Arrivalcard

4. Letter of Residence

5. enough Cash in my Pocket to pay the Fees

6. ??????

is anything missing?

thanks for any Comment and Suggestion

cheers

I have a retirement visa and have 5 extensions of stay and have never heard of a "letter of residence". I do know that at least at Suan Phlu they would require you to maintain a balance of Bt800,000 for the three months leading up to the date the letter from your bank was issued. Along with the TM7 you will need to fill out the form for the multiple entry visa. One photo for each application (2 total).

Edited by grantbkk

Two questions: What exactly is a letter of residence? I don't recall having one when I got my retirement visa but maybe I did. I was buried in paperwork for several things at that time. Also, I'm wondering if it's OK for me to get my letter from the bank verifying my funds sooner than 3 months before my visa expires. I have to go to Bangkok to get it and I would like to go now instead of waiting another month, which I will have to do to make it 3 months prior to my visa expiring. Can I get the letter 4 months before I re-new or does it have to be 3 months? Thanks.

Two questions: What exactly is a letter of residence? I don't recall having one when I got my retirement visa but maybe I did. I was buried in paperwork for several things at that time. Also, I'm wondering if it's OK for me to get my letter from the bank verifying my funds sooner than 3 months before my visa expires. I have to go to Bangkok to get it and I would like to go now instead of waiting another month, which I will have to do to make it 3 months prior to my visa expiring. Can I get the letter 4 months before I re-new or does it have to be 3 months? Thanks.

I think the letter of residence that the OP wrote about is one that he got from his embassy. It is merely a notarized statement that contains your address. There is also a Certificate of Residence that can be obtained from immigration. It is not requied but some offices want some proof of address. IE: phone bills. lease and etc.

The letter form the bank will need to dated as close to the date of application as possible. Some immigration offices are even wanting it to be dated the same day that you apply. Others want it within a couple of days. You should ask the office where you are going to apply what they require.

If your bank will not allow you to get a letter from a local brach office it might be advisable to open a new account near where you are going to apply for your extension and transfer the funds into it.

I think the letter of residence that the OP wrote about is one that he got from his embassy. It is merely a natarized statement that contains your address. There is also a Certificate of Residence that can be obtained from immigration.

The letter form the bank will need to dated as close to the date of application as possible. Some immigration offices are even wanting it to be dated the same day that you apply. Others want it within a couple of days. You should ask the office where you are going to apply what they require.

If your bank will not allow you to get a letter from a local brach office it might be advisable to open a new account near where you are going to apply for your extension and transfer the funds into it.

Thanks ubonjoe. I will transfer my money to the local branch and go to Bangkok whenever I want to. I'm still not exactly clear about the letter of residence but I can ask about it when I check in at immigration next month. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks ubonjoe. I will transfer my money to the local branch and go to Bangkok whenever I want to. I'm still not exactly clear about the letter of residence but I can ask about it when I check in at immigration next month. Thanks again for your help.

Your answer is in my post now plus a typo has been fixed. I had a internet connection drop out for a bit an couldn't get it edited.