Jonathan Is Now With Me In California.

stuck

why do i feel like im the only one that has no clue what the op is talking about.

strange story. and we know only one side of the story. somekind of "Not Without My Daughter" drama, but the victim turned into a hero is the male parent and the country is not iran but thailand.

it's about an american man, who asked one month ago here in the forum about some advice if somebody knows a good psychiatrist for his wife. because she suffered from some mental illness, manic depression.

but his attempts to help didn't last so long. just a couple of days later he proudly reports that she had left him and he didn't stop her doing so. and he gave some details how bad the friends and the family of his wife are. he blamed a lots of other people or her for not taking her medicine. the the plus points on his side have been that he was cooking pancakes at three o'clock in the morning for his son.

but the his wife still prefered to seek refuge there instead of staying with her husband. but she take also her his son with him, an american citizen. DRAMA!

so the task was to free this young american boy from the hand of "evil" thais, so that the american father can have what he wants and what the american father thinks is the best for the young child.

the story was/is believed without doubt here on the TVforum. a concentrate of all the stereotyping and prejudices towards women, thai woman. so no questions asked.

now he gets lots of applause and congratulations for taking "taking REAL responsibility".

did i say it's a strange story, and that we know only one side of the story?

looks a little bit like he failed to maintain a relationship with his wife and be there for her and care for her when she is ill. but with that condition she was nothing more than a threat to his offspring. her duty is done. his former love for his wife seems to be gone, i didn't read a single word of regret on his side or that he would invest some energy to help his wife to overcome her illness. but wouldn't be exactly that the real prove of 'taking REAL responsibility'?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do i feel like im the only one that has no clue what the op is talking about.

strange story. and we know only one side of the story. somekind of "Not Without My Daughter" drama, but the victim turned into a hero is the male parent and the country is not iran but thailand.

it's about an american man, who asked one month ago here in the forum about some advice if somebody knows a good psychiatrist for his wife. because she suffered from some mental illness, manic depression.

but his attempts to help didn't last so long. just a couple of days later he proudly reports that she had left him and he didn't stop her doing so. and he gave some details how bad the friends and the family of his wife are. he blamed a lots of other people or her for not taking her medicine. the the plus points on his side have been that he was cooking pancakes at three o'clock in the morning for his son.

but the his wife still prefered to seek refuge there instead of staying with her husband. but she take also her his son with him, an american citizen. DRAMA!

so the task was to free this young american boy from the hand of "evil" thais, so that the american father can have what he wants and what the american father thinks is the best for the young child.

the story was/is believed without doubt here on the TVforum. a concentrate of all the stereotyping and prejudices towards women, thai woman. so no questions asked.

now he gets lots of applause and congratulations for taking "taking REAL responsibility".

I understand there are always two sides to the story, but what I can say is that I know the OP and have found him to be an honest guy. It also seems like you have a few prejudices yourself, but we don't have your side of the story.

looks a little bit like he failed to maintain a relationship with his wife and be there for her and care for her when she is ill. but with that condition she was nothing more than a threat to his offspring. her duty is done. his former love for his wife seems to be gone, i didn't read a single word of regret on his side or that he would invest some energy to help his wife to overcome her illness. but wouldn't be exactly that the real prove of 'taking REAL responsibility'?

I suggest you go back and read the thread again the OP has often expressed regret and a desire to help his wife.

Finally, congrats to H on getting Johnathan back and taking real responsibility!

Ok i know i'm gonna get slated but the girl is sick and now she loses her child who now is in the USA how is this going to help her?

Stuck if everything you say is true i apologise for earlier comments but i had a similar thing in Australia and had a nightmare of a time because of post natal depression so nothing like you have been through.

Good luck but a child needs his mother i grew up without one and that is my biggest regret in my life.

All the best Stuck

You smug tosser! So what would you do in his shoes? She has zero respect for him, attempts to spend all his money, shags/colludes with some other guy, and then takes the kid to live with mamasan gran in her brothel. By your reckoning she did all that because he failed to maintain the relationship? Well if she's that fickle then he's well rid. Bipolar or not, shit happens, op is doing the right thing concentrating on himself and son and putting as much distance as possible between them.

If this happened to me I would do anything, ANYTHING, to make sure my boy is safe and screw/god help anyone else that got in the way. Yes we only have one side of the story but why would it be so hard to believe. Heavier stuff than this goes down here.

All the best op. Don't let oddballs like this play on your mind. :o

You mentioned you might have your wife meet you outside Thailand. Your description of how you went from letting her spend a lot to tightening the reins suggests you may be susceptible to co-dependency. In relationships with bipolars and borderlines, otherwise mentally competent people can easily slide into co-dependence, where one runs through parallel cycles of compliance and control. I was in a relationship with a bipolar where I manifested the classic symptoms of co-dependency but it wasn't till someone else pointed it out to me that I became aware and took steps to get my own mental state in order. In order to do that, I had to end the relationship, since my partner was unwilling to seek treatment. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck with everything.

I didn't realize that she was bipolar until Jan 2 and by then her behaviour was becoming erratic and much more accentuated towards anger and recklessness. She was already threatening to take him where I wouldn't find him.

I took her to the psychiatrist for two reasons: to treat her, and to get her illness on the record in case things went bad. When she took off with him I thought she was too medicated to do anything stupid but she had been planning it for weeks.

The problem with my wife, is that I don't know when she is lying.

Ok i know i'm gonna get slated but the girl is sick and now she loses her child who now is in the USA how is this going to help her?

Stuck if everything you say is true i apologise for earlier comments but i had a similar thing in Australia and had a nightmare of a time because of post natal depression so nothing like you have been through.

Good luck but a child needs his mother i grew up without one and that is my biggest regret in my life.

All the best Stuck

She took him from a beautiful home to a whorehouse. Soi Tan in Nong Khai is where one goes to screw underage Lao girls, specifically 14 year old girls and maybe younger.

Soi tan is a mini soi 6 from Pattaya but Nong Khai style.

Yes, he needs a mother. Mothers don't drag their children to be used as bargaining chips and they don't remove them from a loving home to put them in the middle of 8 brothels.

I protected my son from his mother. I'd do it again.

You mention that she is sick. You're correct. She is sick, but my priority is my son. I tried to help her and she fled with him.

I failed to protect my son while trying to heal my wife. As you can see, I didn't make the same mistake twice.

Edited by stuck

I'm giving you the "MOST DESERVING OF A KICK IN THE NUTS" award. You're lack of reading comprehension is only exceeded by your emotions driving you to some conclusion that very few have even attempted.

Her friends were no help to her as they told her she was fine and didn't need medicine. She's an adult, so taking medicine when not in my presence is on her, isn't it?

Your stupid pancake statement proves you can't read. My last memory of my son before she stole him from our home was of me cooking him pancakes at 3 in the morning. Let me know if you do need that kick, I could probably arrange it for you with your cooperation.

The story has nothing to do with my wife as a Thai, it has more to do with bipolar disorder. My brother is bipolar 2, his wife bipolar 1 and have a friend who is bipolar 1. It's more prevalent than you think. We are all victims of this disease.

Now let me tell you about responsibility bigmouth. I didn't want to leave thailand, I needed to leave thailand to protect my son. I left 20,000 dollars worth of things in my house and packed in 2 hours. My friends are scavenging the things from my house. I had a good life in Thailand and now I'm sleeping on the living room floor of my parents house on an air mattress while my 1000 dollar mattress sits in my house in Thailand.

I'm a single father now, and while we talk to my wife several times per day, she is erratic and makes some sense but not much. She needs money of course and she'll get some but it will depend on her going to a psychiatrist that I choose and that I can follow her progress.

It's difficult to make money while one has a traumatized child who won't let me get more than 5 feet away without panicking. He wasn't like this before she took him. My parents are in their 70's - they cannot take care of him by themselves so I now have to figure out a way to make money and still take care of my son.

Smug was much too kind a word for you sir.

I'm giving you the "MOST DESERVING OF A KICK IN THE NUTS" award. You're lack of reading comprehension is only exceeded by your emotions driving you to some conclusion that very few have even attempted.

Her friends were no help to her as they told her she was fine and didn't need medicine. She's an adult, so taking medicine when not in my presence is on her, isn't it?

Your stupid pancake statement proves you can't read. My last memory of my son before she stole him from our home was of me cooking him pancakes at 3 in the morning. Let me know if you do need that kick, I could probably arrange it for you with your cooperation.

The story has nothing to do with my wife as a Thai, it has more to do with bipolar disorder. My brother is bipolar 2, his wife bipolar 1 and have a friend who is bipolar 1. It's more prevalent than you think. We are all victims of this disease.

Now let me tell you about responsibility bigmouth. I didn't want to leave thailand, I needed to leave thailand to protect my son. I left 20,000 dollars worth of things in my house and packed in 2 hours. My friends are scavenging the things from my house. I had a good life in Thailand and now I'm sleeping on the living room floor of my parents house on an air mattress while my 1000 dollar mattress sits in my house in Thailand.

I'm a single father now, and while we talk to my wife several times per day, she is erratic and makes some sense but not much. She needs money of course and she'll get some but it will depend on her going to a psychiatrist that I choose and that I can follow her progress.

It's difficult to make money while one has a traumatized child who won't let me get more than 5 feet away without panicking. He wasn't like this before she took him. My parents are in their 70's - they cannot take care of him by themselves so I now have to figure out a way to make money and still take care of my son.

Smug was much too kind a word for you sir.

Stuck, i suggest you end the pissing contest here and get on with your life and that of the boy.

this is not soley the fault of your wife, you chose your own mate.

I am happy the boy is fine, and i am encouraged to know the thai system worked(s) at leat in this instance, but it is time to move on.

we all live private dramas, we just dont chose to tell all here.