Bkk Hotel Bargains...

Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

Hi there,

I am arriving in Thailand, after too long of being away, and will be 'bangers for a few days. :D

Now, I read everywhere about the recession and drop in tourist numbers and how hotels have reduced their prices. However, searching on the net, I have seen that most hotels remain the same price. :o

I was wondering, with all of your 'Bangkokian knowledge', do you know of any that actually have reduced them? I would like to 'vote with my Bhat' and go to a place that has reduced their prices. :D

My budget is 2,000 - 3,000 per night in the lower Sukhumvit area. :D

Many thanks

James

Thats a lot of money to spend on a hotel per night. I'm sure most hotels in thailand cost less than that. I stayed at a very nice hotel for 700 baht per night. It had university in its name but only coz it is located near a uni. The staff were great. Excellent service. Nice rooms, best hotel i've stayed in Bkk and also the cheapest. I've paid up to 1600 per night for a crap hotel in bkk - this was twice as good at less than half the price.

If anyone wants to know it's name PM me coz I'll have to ask my thai friend again for it's exact name. I remember it near The Royal Teakwood mansion "The world's largest teakwood house". Not a well known hotel thank goodness coz I want a room there next time I'm in Bkk.

Fantastic place.

On a budget of 2,000 to 3,000 baht per night you can stay nearly anywhere you like. Very few hotels are over that range unless you need a five star hotel. The Landmark starts at 3,500 and that's a five star hotel. Queens Park on Soi 22 starts at 2,500. Regency Park on Soi 22 starts at 1,400.

Cheers for the responses, did have a look on the Thai visa 'pinned section' but just found a link to lots of places and was hoping to get the lowdown on any locations that could be classed as a 'steal'.

I guess that 2-3k per night is pretty 'primo' rates - I used to stay at the Nasa Vegas for 600hbht, but given that I am in a 'celebratory mood' as I feel I am returning 'home', I'd thought I'd splash out.

Thanks for those hotels, I'll check them out :-)

I was recently searching for someone and found agoda.com to have pretty good prices.

If you search in Bangkok, Location: Sukhumvit, sort it by star rating, you'll find a couple of 5 star hotels under 3k, all of the 4.5 star under 3k, and all of the 4 star under 2k.

5 star hotels under 3k are the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel and President Solitaire Hotel, though prices will likely change depending on the dates and # of nights.

I'm not sure if these are significantly lower than normal for this time of year, but there is obviously plenty within your budget if you shop around online. Can't complain about 5 star for under 3k!

Edited by surface

B2-3,000 is not primo price at all. It'll get you a decent hotel without cartoon character nylon sheets. Increase your budget and you get places like the Dusit Thani, the Conrad or the Sofitel.

A good place in your range that I've used is the Davis on 24 - as long as you get a room in the main building, not the annex. Check the listing, but expect to pay around 3 grand. They have a shuttle up to Phrom Phong BTS. The Siam City Hotel is also decent (with a great Chinese restaurant).

Here is the name and details of the hotelfor just 700 baht per night.

It is quite conservative thogh so no hanky panky

The Suan Dusit Place

295 Ratchasima Rd., Dusit,Bangkok 10300. Thailand

Tel 66-2241-7571- 80 Fax: 66-2243-6898-9

295 ถนนราชสีมา เขตดุสิต กรุงเทพมหานคร 10300 โทร.

66-2241-7571- 80 โทรสาร: 66-2243-6898-9

If you want to see a map you can visit their website at: www.dusitplace.com

Also comes with a free buffet style breakfast. Not many farang tourists there so the prices are great.

I will only be staying here from now on. I've stayed at hotels in bkk for double the price, yet this hotel is twice as good.

OP was looking lower sukhumvit, not dusit.

Try latestays.com they usually have "left over" rooms with good discounts...

Davies for 2,600

Rembrand soi 18 for 3,000

Imperial Queens Park 2,500

and many more...

Also comes with a free buffet style breakfast. Not many farang tourists there so the prices are great.

[/color]

Yes, Rajabhat hotels are usually very cheap options.

By the way, there is no such thing as a free breakfast. It is all factored into the price you pay. Usually, if you specify no breakfast, the room is cheaper.

Cheers for the responses, did have a look on the Thai visa 'pinned section' but just found a link to lots of places and was hoping to get the lowdown on any locations that could be classed as a 'steal'.

I guess that 2-3k per night is pretty 'primo' rates - I used to stay at the Nasa Vegas for 600hbht, but given that I am in a 'celebratory mood' as I feel I am returning 'home', I'd thought I'd splash out.

Thanks for those hotels, I'll check them out :-)

funny, when i "return home" i rarely need a hotel....

check the grand president on 11, make sure to get one of the newer rooms, for 3k you should get a suite.

Edited by t.s

Davies for 2,600

Rembrand soi 18 for 3,000

Imperial Queens Park 2,500

I recommend the one I highlighted :o

much newer rooms than queen's park. very friendly AND professional service.

plus they have an interesting selection of restuarants - mexican, italian (by the pool), indian (one of the best in town), thai (in the apartment building adjacent), and also the usual international buffet place

highly recommended :D

PS. not sure if its 3k baht though... could be more, could be less. lets hope its less :D

I was wondering, with all of your 'Bangkokian knowledge', do you know of any that actually have reduced them? I would like to 'vote with my Bhat' and go to a place that has reduced their prices. :D

My budget is 2,000 - 3,000 per night in the lower Sukhumvit area. :o

When in Bkk, I normally stay at the Conrad Bangkok which is one of the finest hotels that I've ever stayed at. Typically booking online direct with Hilton the rooms are in the 4500-6000 baht per night range.

During my last trip, I was on a tighter budget and that price range was more than I could afford. So I checked Yahoo Travel (Travelocity) and found the Conrad rooms prices at slightly more than 50% off (a little over $100 USD) per night, which is a fabulous price for that hotel and I grabbed it immediately.

I've checked again and haven't seen it as low, so possibly that was a fluke thing. But I think it is enough to warrant a check at Yahoo Travel to see if they are offering any other bargains along Sukhumwit.

Good luck.

My wife and I have recently stayed at the Dawin on Soi 4. We couldn't fault it.

Spacious rooms, great showers, and friendly staff.

Cost us just over 2K.

Booked through Sawadee.com

There is also an Ibis hotel next door opening in March. They are advertising a rate of 1k.

Try the brand new Vie Hotel run by Accor, on Phaya Thai Road, right beside the Ratchathewi BTS station - one station north of Siam. Stunningly beautiful 5-star hotel. You can get a room for 1300 baht in a "Hot Deals" special via the Accor website.

Novotel on Siam square for 1500 baht a night including tax.

and that is a good deal, used to be 4K a night there...

also Ibis are now doing all there rooms for 700 THB a night :o

Really, which ones? The cheapest I can get on their website is 780, and that's for Haumark All Seasons, which is probably miles away.

• 3 weeks later...
The ThaiVisa website has an online reservation system, and all of the hotels are sorted by location (1st), and price (2nd). Easy. Even a farang can do it.

I have compared the pricing on Thai Visa, the prices are not that competitive.... havoing worked in the hotel industry for last 4-5 years in Thailand....

Possibly not everyone's cup of tea, but I was trying to find a cheap hotel close to the Emporium and not having much luck, when a couple of doormen directed me to a thai curtain hotel towards the end of soi 31. Clean room, parking for the car, and in an ideal position for only 560 baht. Perfection. Must admit, I'm pleased I'd kept my shorts on in bed when I noticed the mirrors on the ceiling

Agoda is showing the Four Wings hotel for $41 a night which seems a great deal, although I don't know how well the hotel has been maintained

If Four Wings has managed to maintain itself, then I think it's a good deal. The walk down the soi might be a bit long depending on what you're used to, but it is nice. On an unrelated note... Four Wings used to have a killer Dim Sum lunch buffet for a very good price, don't know how they are now.

And thanks to everyone for this thread, I'm planning my next trip and it's come in handy. :o