3 Out Of 10 Americans Donate (associated Press)

AP Poll: 3 in 10 in U.S. Gave Tsunami Aid

by WILL LESTER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Three in 10 Americans say they have donated to the victims of the South Asia tsunami, an Associated Press poll found.

There's another fairly correlated sum one could do here, involving the number '7', but i'll let you do the math.

AP Poll: 3 in 10 in U.S. Gave Tsunami Aid

by WILL LESTER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Three in 10 Americans say they have donated to the victims of the South Asia tsunami, an Associated Press poll found.

There's another fairly correlated sum one could do here, involving the number '7', but i'll let you do the math.

Point being? :o

I don't think that's accurate. First of all, when was the AP survey conducted? Donations are rising everyday, as we can see from the bidding machismo of various countries.

Secondly, many people give through companies that match donations. These may not be recorded as individual donations.

Thirdly, your comments are just another lame excuse to bash Americans under flimsy pretenses.

Where's your country's survey?

Ah, now MY country.

Yes, well, just when I thought that it wasn't going to happen....

...a lot of hep 'with it' pop stars - like Cliff Richard and Boy George, announced they were going to warble a little ditty by the country's greatest composer - Mike Read.

He hadn't actually written it for the disaster, but he felt it was so good, and since every artist had hitherto rejected it, ---- out it came, anew--- to be forced onto the public at large.

Its called.......um......... I forget.

Sauron:

If you don't mind me saying so, I think you are being extremely cynical at the moment. From what I've been reading the British are donating a lot of money toward disaster relief. Give people a chance.

Now, if the American government doesn't follow through on their pledges (as Dubya has allegedly done on our HIV/Aids committments), I am going to scream bloody-######.

Edited by kat

Agreed, - exactly- the British people have been extremely generous.

So why do they now have to have a Boy George/Cliff Richard duet inflicted on them?

Hasn't there already been enough unnecessary suffering ?

Think everyone has to lighten up a bit... :o