Help The Thai Government Decide!

Should the Thais dump money down the pan?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know back when the first bailout dollar was spent I said Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

No to banks

No to car makers

No to all

Now they have given out all this funny money & I no longer care.

They may as well give it out at the drive thru at Mc Donalds hamburger joint.

Because all they achieved was nothing & have just continued their raping in another colorful

inventive way. Funny how they make the car guys who at least provide jobs building albeit crappy cars beg like dogs.

But at least they build something. Yet the banks who built sh!t but only helped tear it all down yes they get anything they ask.

Whether they came to the asking in a jet or a limo matters not.

Screw them I'm receding this year & they can have it. I swear I am getting as much out of their system as possible.

Since the Thai govt has no control or say in what GM headquarters in the U.S. does and since GM headquarters determines worldwide operations/cost cutting measures, it would be wasted money. Plus, GM is under tremendous pressure to save U.S. jobs; which means jobs in in other countries will go first.

I didn't vote but I did just notice the title :o

Jeez sorry I thought you meant USA bail out. Just disregard my rant...as usual :D

But really, it's getting worse. <deleted> should Thailand bail out this failing wreck when they could invest the money in their own people?

Jeez sorry I thought you meant USA bail out. Just disregard my rant...as usual :D

But really, it's getting worse. <deleted> should Thailand bail out this failing wreck when they could invest the money in their own people?

TL should 100% take care of themselves. Unless of course that factory is supplying 100s/1000s of jobs?

But still I do not see why GM USA shouldn't do the spending /borrowing/bailing :D

Frankly, my gut reaction is to let them go into bankruptcy so that they can be properly restructured.

The problem though, is its not just the employees at GM that the government have to think of but its all the downstream suppliers that will lose out too. It takes 100's of companies to make a car, one factory at each of those can employ thousands (depending on the operation). The GM factory is huge (I have done factory tour) and they employ alot of people, at a guess I would say well over 1000 staff perhaps even 2000. Edit a quick glance at their website shows their employment at their plant in Rayong.: Hourly - 2,384, Salaried - 550

Difficult decision, glad I'm not making it.

Edited by quiksilva

You know back when the first bailout dollar was spent I said Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

No to banks

No to car makers

No to all

Now they have given out all this funny money & I no longer care.

They may as well give it out at the drive thru at Mc Donalds hamburger joint.

Because all they achieved was nothing & have just continued their raping in another colorful

inventive way. Funny how they make the car guys who at least provide jobs building albeit crappy cars beg like dogs.

But at least they build something. Yet the banks who built sh!t but only helped tear it all down yes they get anything they ask.

Whether they came to the asking in a jet or a limo matters not.

Screw them I'm receding this year & they can have it. I swear I am getting as much out of their system as possible.

good idea flying.the bankers got what they wanted by blackmailing the govt(they control the fed who do the printing),looking back the banks were on a no lose situation.your still in hawaii right?good place to chill out,just like thailand.

Because its a large employer of 'thier own people' who made a substantial inward investment into Thailand, factories here, and employing Thai people.

But my vote is clearly no.. That same as its been no for the banks, no for the housing gamblers, no for everyone equally.

Of course its quite possible that this may bring down the fiat economic system as we know it.. But as I hold less then 2% of my assets in fiat money then I really dont care. Let Rome burn.