Pregancy Termination

jauntyjohn

Can anyone give any advice to a young friend of mine who has recently become pregnant and wishes to abort the pregnancy - the advice shes looking for is not moral arguements on the above but places in Bangkok which perform such a procedure and/or if there are medications available for chemical termination rather than having to go through the surgery involved. Thank you.

Section 301 of the Thai criminal code........:

'Any woman , cuasing herself to be aborted or allowing the other person to procure the abortion for herself, shall be imprisoned not out of three years or fined not out of six thousand Baht or both'

The code goes on to give exceptions to the rule, which include medical reasons and offences committed against the woman resulting in pregnancy.

'Any woman , cuasing herself to be aborted or allowing the other person to procure the abortion for herself, shall be imprisoned not out of three years or fined not out of six thousand Baht or both'

The code goes on to give exceptions to the rule, which include medical reasons and offences committed against the woman resulting in pregnancy.

If that is still on the books they are not following it, I forgot where it was but I think it was 22 also there is a huge building for abortions. I know because my secretary had to get one. She didn't have any medical conditions it was just she got pregnant and new she wasn't in a position to keep and raise the baby.

Shucks, if men had to give birth do you think they would have this law?????

Good luck to her I hope it all goes ok.

A friend of mine recently got into this situation. Go to the Human Development Foundation, next to Cabbages and Condoms on Sukhumvit Soi 12 (not Soi 22). No questions asked - if the lady wants to terminate the pregnancy, she can, regardless of what the law says. Cost is 2000 Baht.

Clarification: the law allows abortion if the woman's health requires it. Under guidelines issued a few years back by the Thai Medical council this may included mental/emotional as well as physical health. The determination must be made by a licensed physician. Please see the pinned notice in the Health Forum on this.