Laptop Speakers

Yaaklenmai

Hi all,

My hi-fi speakers, in the UK, are JBL (2 x Century's + 2 x 150's) so I will admit to bias.

However, I'm now in the market for speakers for my laptop and heve looked at the reviews for JBL spot, JBL Spyro and Harman Kardon Soundsticks2 (I know that they are the same company).

Have written off Bose (because their Thai distributor seems to be INCREDIBLY greedy, converting the US$ at 100 Baht) and also Klipsch (because they seem to have, recurring, problems with the build quality of their power units - despite performance being, apparently, brilliant).

Logitech, though, I have no experience of (apart from a wecam, which does the job).

Does any forum member have "first hand" experience in this area?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

My budget is up to (around) 9,000 Baht.

:o

Hi all,

My hi-fi speakers, in the UK, are JBL (2 x Century's + 2 x 150's) so I will admit to bias.

However, I'm now in the market for speakers for my laptop and heve looked at the reviews for JBL spot, JBL Spyro and Harman Kardon Soundsticks2 (I know that they are the same company).

Have written off Bose (because their Thai distributor seems to be INCREDIBLY greedy, converting the US$ at 100 Baht) and also Klipsch (because they seem to have, recurring, problems with the build quality of their power units - despite performance being, apparently, brilliant).

Logitech, though, I have no experience of (apart from a wecam, which does the job).

Move to Internet and Computer Forum

///MOVED

Yeah, a Heng owns the company but nah, no direct financial interest. I just have computers with both Saag, Altec Lansing, and Creative speakers and IMO the quality is comparable (although I don't do anything other than listen to music and/or play games through them). By all means, go with Altec or Creative if the extra few thousand is a total non-issue. But if you are on a somewhat limited budget,... anyway, plenty of shops where you can turn on all three and play test.

I think there's another TV thread earlier this year where some sound engineer recommends them as well. Not to mention: how can 85+% market share be wrong?

Edited by Heng

Hi all,

you are right about the klipsh, I got a pair (great sounds) but failing power unit.

JBL are a good bet.

if you just want a speaker for voice, eg for TV , logitech have a good portable speaker mm28. not good for music though because it has no bass.

the clarity is excellent.

You asked about Logitech, I'm using the X-230 speakers with my laptops.

For A$65.00 delivered, I can't fault them. :D

product1_8768.jpg

X-230

For my PC I use the X-540 set

2342.1.0.jpg

X-540

The speaker on top of the boom box is mounted on a 22" skinny screen.

I can't fault them either. :D

If stolen, I'd buy the same again.

Not expensive. Shop around.

X-540

Great for drowning out Thai noise....... :o

Yeah, a Heng owns the company but nah, no direct financial interest. I just have computers with both Saag, Altec Lansing, and Creative speakers and IMO the quality is comparable (although I don't do anything other than listen to music and/or play games through them). By all means, go with Altec or Creative if the extra few thousand is a total non-issue. But if you are on a somewhat limited budget,... anyway, plenty of shops where you can turn on all three and play test.

I think there's another TV thread earlier this year where some sound engineer recommends them as well. Not to mention: how can 85+% market share be wrong?

I bought some Saag speakers for 1400 Baht, great speakers for the money,