Adopting In Thailand

nikisue

I am interested in adopting in Thailand, heading for my 40th and wanting a second child. I have lived in Thailand for around 6 years and have 1 daughter who is 3 years. She was born here in Thailand and hold both Thai and UK citizenship. I am not clear on how to go about adopting. I am a female UK citizen but live here in Thailand with my Thai partner and our daughter. We plan to stay here in Thailand with the occasional visit back to the UK. So I am not sure if I still look at adopting under the intercountry laws or if it would be different.

Does anyone have any info on contacts of agencies within Thailand who deal with this kind of issue or has had their own experience in adopting.

:o

We enquired recently and were advised that partnerships where both, or one, partner is Thai receive priority to adopt over foreign couples. Not sure if that actually works in practice but that's what the social worker said. We haven't taken it any further at this stage. If you'd like me to email you the official brochure which lists all the requirements, just PM me.